The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

When I play mine there is a slight buzz when I play the 5th,4th and 6th string, but you can't heard it though the amp...
I am a member of this forum for about a month and all of you are very friendly

Man those guitars are all killer looking... congrats to all the new proud owners!

love the "tremonti" look on the last one!

Wow, I was just told by Sweetwater there are no ZMs at PRS in Maryland.
There will not be a shipment in until the end of April.
Looks like I will not be getting mine from my local dealer for a long time.
The ones coming into Sweetwater are spoken for already, there is a long waiting list.

Posted mine a while ago but I want it in "The Official" ZM Thread !

Last edited by a moderator:
When I play mine there is a slight buzz when I play the 5th,4th and 6th string, but you can't heard it though the amp...
I am a member of this forum for about a month and all of you are very friendly
Are you using the stock gauge strings ?
Have you verified proper string height? You may need a truss adjustment.

I still use the strings that came with the guitar. I think the strings are d' addarios, because of the coloured ball ende.

IMG_00109.jpg

IMG_00111.jpg

IMG_00112.jpg

Dane's ZM totally freakin' ROCKED! So much I had to put it down and walk away. Soooo many impure thoughts that my wallet started to twitch. :0

I just changed the strings and replaced them by d'addario 9-46, it stays in tune much better than with the stock ones :)

As promised a few days ago, here are a few pictures of my ZM. Figured I would get a few "before" pics done before it goes through some changes. I have an RS guitarworks harness, Sheptone Tributes and Gotoh vintage tuners on the way. I put 10's on it already. It'll get setup for them when I have the electronics work done. I already put on a "PRS" logo TRC.

DSC_0485_zps4b66aa05.jpg

DSC_0483_zps04ea1d32.jpg

DSC_0493_zps648a9585.jpg

DSC_0486_zpsa2e3d779.jpg

DSC_0492_zps33f7bd22.jpg

My initial impressions:
  1. Playability - This is a players guitar (at least this player.) I love the satin/sanded neck. It's actually made me forget the McRosie I sold last year. :eek: I love the wide fat neck, short scale and 10" radius. It plays great and at the end of the day that counts for a lot in my book.
  2. Sound/Tone - I don't care for the 245 pickups. They are just too hot for my taste (hence the Sheptones coming.) I am more of a classic rock/blues player and I'd prefer something more PAF like. The 245 pickups are what they are - they're just not me. I do love the slight rounding of attack you get with a semi-hollow body. I think the PAF's will help bring that out a little more once installed.
  3. Finish/Aesthetics - I was a little apprehensive about it at first, but the Trampas Green and Reverse Zebra pickup combo is really growing on me. I don't think the top on mine is as nice as a few others I have seen in this thread. There are a few issues with the finish of the guitar that wouldn't pass QC out of Maryland, I believe. There's a couple of spots around the heel of the neck and on the headstock. Nothing major mind you, but they are there. However, I don't really care because of points 1 and 2 above.

That's it for now. I'll provide an update when the new pups and tuners are in.

I put 10-52 strings on my ZM and it handles it perfectly. Can't get enough of this guitar.

Damn these guitars looks nice!

Can't wait to hold mine in my arms... It's gonna be a long, sweet hugh

Man I wish Sweetwater would get that order in already. The wait sucks! I shouldn't complain, unless things change they ought to have it in next week, so hopefully within the next week and a half or so I'll finally have one of these in my hands!

Wow, I was just told by Sweetwater there are no ZMs at PRS in Maryland.
There will not be a shipment in until the end of April.
Looks like I will not be getting mine from my local dealer for a long time.
The ones coming into Sweetwater are spoken for already, there is a long waiting list.

Yeah, I am one of those waiting on my Sweetwater ZM too. After a lifetime of Gibsons I am going to own my first PRS!

Back