The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

New pics:

13127003554_c57a418ab1_b.jpg

13125076323_23d05cd64b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just received my Zach Myers SE yesterday. Waiting on my Tremonti pickups and new nut to arrive and I will be all set. Really impressed with the look and quality of the guitar.

Just received my Zach Myers SE yesterday. Waiting on my Tremonti pickups and new nut to arrive and I will be all set. Really impressed with the look and quality of the guitar.

Without a doubt the coolest looking sides I've seen on any PRS. Can we get some more back shots?

I noticed that some of us don't have the same truss rod cover, mine has a PRS logo on it while some others have the ZM logo...
For those who already replaced the pickups, what do you think of the original ones in comparison to your newest ones ??? is it worth to change?
For me the stock pickups are not bad, and they are more powerfull than my Ibanez JS Dimarzio Breed equiped .

I'm not sure why some have the ZM and others have the PRS on the truss rod cover. My serial number is in the low 28800's so maybe that is why. I am very surprised with how well the stock pickups sound. The bridge pickup can almost keep up with my Tremonti pickups on my other SE 245.

Mine came with the ZM trc, but my dealer swapped it at my request. I don't mind the Zach Myers on the headstock, but couldn't stand the ZM trc.

I think i will replace the TRC too, i'll try to find a piece of mahogany or ebony, I don't like this little piece of plastic :)

I am putting the forum TRC on mine when I get it.

Quick question, any of you ZM owners have you tried fitting it in the hardshell PRS case?
Reason I ask is my 2012 SE Tremonti Custom does not fit well in the PRS hardshell case.
The body is to thick, and it makes neck not lay flat.
I got an SKB case and that cured it.
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?3108-SKB-3i-4214-PRS-Case-For-My-SE-Tremonti-Custom
I am wondering if the ZM is super thick in the lower bout like the Tremonti, or it it will lay correctly in a PRS hardshell case.
I have two extra hardshell cases in my spare bedroom closet.

I really wanted one of these when I 1st saw them on the PRS site. Trampas GREEN...amazing color...loved it. But now I think I've changed my mind, most of your pics lean more towards blue or blue/green. I hate blue...with a passion. I think I'll have to pass. It's a shame, too. I already had an extra set of pickup covers for those ugly zebras.

I really wanted one of these when I 1st saw them on the PRS site. Trampas GREEN...amazing color...loved it. But now I think I've changed my mind, most of your pics lean more towards blue or blue/green. I hate blue...with a passion. I think I'll have to pass. It's a shame, too. I already had an extra set of pickup covers for those ugly zebras.
I would suggest seeing one in person. Most people don't understand how to set proper white balance in photos. Not to mention are you looking at the pictures on a color calibrated screen? I have only seen 2 in person but both were definitely green not blue.

Example.. look at Jerome's post above with the guitar on the wooden barrel . Now look at his User image...same guitar but one looks green & the other has the blue tint to it.( Look at the shadows in the pic and notice they are blue. That same tint is having an effect on the hue of the guitar. )

Last edited:
The case I put my Zach Myers SE in is the roadrunner polyfoam case. I've used that case for transporting my guitars in trailers with no issues.

Hey Corey, It's a good bit thicker than my Tremonti. Not sure if the Tremonti Custom is the same thickness as the my Tremonti or not.

Didn't someone just post something about a couple limited variations? A spalt and something else. Maybe that would float your boat if the Trampas is looking a little blue.

Back