The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

AWWWW YEAH!!!!!

Absolutely love mine!!
55e07a486dfd368cff1b5f05fdd98dfe.jpg

It's still a work in progress but, is probably the best PRS purchase I've made in a long time.

Mods so far:
PRS 53/10 pickups. Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack. RS CTS pots, RS Jensen PIO caps, and braided wiring. PRS universal ivory mounting rings, strap buttons and clear/black lampshades.

I wasn't going to change the pots and wiring but all four of the oem pots had the nuts cross-threaded on the shafts so seeing how I had the RS and PRS parts in the drawer.....

Last edited:
love those nickel covers and the ivory rings... thats a sexy mf

Last edited:
WOW, I like the cover pickup look. I still like the clear knobs better. Not sure the ME pickups I have are the best choice due to the hybrid hardware. Having black saddles on the bridge due to ghost pickup mod would look off I think. Guess I need to find other pickups. How does the 53/10's sound?

(get a Tele first, like you planned, Michael.... Tele first.... Tele first... ZM first.... Wait, what???)

It's still a work in progress but, is probably the best PRS purchase I've made in a long time.

Mods so far:
PRS 53/10 pickups. Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack. RS CTS pots, RS Jensen PIO caps, and braided wiring. PRS universal ivory mounting rings and clear/black lampshades.

I wasn't going too change the pots and wiring but all four of the oem pots had the nuts cross-threaded on the shafts so seeing how I had the RS and PRS parts in the drawer.....

I LOVE the updated look on this one....I really dig the clear / black lampshade knobs and covered pickups. Well done, sir!!!!:congrats:

Mods so far:
PRS 53/10 pickups. Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack. RS CTS pots, RS Jensen PIO caps, and braided wiring. PRS universal ivory mounting rings and clear/black lampshades.

I wasn't going too change the pots and wiring but all four of the oem pots had the nuts cross-threaded on the shafts so seeing how I had the RS and PRS parts in the drawer.....

Man... That is HOT! That's almost exactly the look I'm going to go for when I pick up my ZM. I just haven't decided between the 5X/XX or a DG set, but for sure something with the brushed covers. Leaning toward a DG set if I can find one. And the ivory rings, did you change the switch tip too?

How are the 53/10's?

Don't mean to repeat anyone but how are the 53/10's? Great looking guitar.
The 53/10s are very very good in this guitar. Warm and articulate. I've had them in the parts drawer for almost 2 years. I wish I had tried them when they were still available. I would have bought more.

Man... That is HOT! That's almost exactly the look I'm going to go for when I pick up my ZM. I just haven't decided between the 5X/XX or a DG set, but for sure something with the brushed covers. Leaning toward a DG set if I can find one. And the ivory rings, did you change the switch tip too?

How are the 53/10's?

The tip came with the switchcraft toggle.

Pretty impressed with my first SE. Own 3 (yes ONLY 3!) Maryland made ones. Unfortunately had a a minor "incident" yesterday when I innocently tried to adjust the bridge height (after loosening strings and even putting a cloth over the stud) with a quarter as recommended by PRS. See second photo with chipped plating. I'd almost rather have unplated brass! :(

Z4TvRL

eRduru

Pretty impressed with my first SE. Own 3 (yes ONLY 3!) Maryland made ones. Unfortunately had a a minor "incident" yesterday when I innocently tried to adjust the bridge height (after loosening strings and even putting a cloth over the stud) with a quarter as recommended by PRS. See second photo with chipped plating. I'd almost rather have unplated brass! :(

Z4TvRL

eRduru

Bummer... can anyone hook our friend Scott up with an SE post if they have an extra laying around?

Otherwise, many of us here highly recommend the Tonepros locking metric studs - they look about the same but lock your bridge down so it doesn't fall off with string changes, plus the sustain is better IMO.

Bummer... can anyone hook our friend Scott up with an SE post if they have an extra laying around?

Otherwise, many of us here highly recommend the Tonepros locking metric studs - they look about the same but lock your bridge down so it doesn't fall off with string changes, plus the sustain is better IMO.

Thanks - I'll look into those. Is the anchor a "drop-in" fit or are the SE studs compatible withe TP locking studs? I also assume the PRS US studs or the un-plated ones on S2 are NOT compatible with the SE.
===============================================================
Edit: US or Metric threads?
http://goo.gl/W9wRqA

Last edited:
Back