The search for my new PRS

Kine

Large Member
I've been a proud owner of a '05 McCarty for some years now. I was fortunate to buy it used off ebay in great condition and promptly sold my Fender Fat Strat after I got it. The McCarty has served me well for some years now (since '07 or so)

However, I figured it was time to get a new PRS with a trem. After having been a fan of my PRS for this amount of time I saw no need to get another brand. The quality and sound is just outstanding.

So the search began. I figured I'd buy something a bit different to bring some different tones to the table. Or so I thought...

I had my eye on the SAS for a long time. Loved the wood grain showing through on the Vintage Burst. Read good things about the NF's. So I pulled the trigger on one. However, after playing it, there was just something in the tone that I felt was missing.

Figured going back to humbuckers was the call, so I bought a beautiful Natural Vintage Burst CU22 with a quilt top and the 59/09(?) pickups. Again, there was something missing in the tone as I realized I'd rather play the McCarty. So back it went...

I did some further research and decided to take a look at the DGT, realizing that it was essentially an upgraded McCarty. I spotted a great looking one and decided to check it out. As soon as I plugged it in, I knew it was my new baby. It has a stunning 10 top in a color that was advertised as Vintage Natural Burst. However, double checking with the PRS rep, it was found to be a color called Natural Tobacco Burst. It's a 2012 with the V12 finish.

It's being played through a Carr Mercury.

Scroll down for pix! :wink:

Last edited:
Scroll down further for pix in the sun!

dgt2_zps45404c92.jpg

dgt1_zpsb8cc9d67.jpg

Last edited:
That is a gorgeous DGT... I love my Frost Blue Metallic DGT standard and wanna get a maple top soon!!! Congrats on the new guitar and can't wait to see the McCarty after PTC treatment...

Ok, checking to see if I can link

dgt2_zps45404c92.jpg

dgt1_zpsb8cc9d67.jpg

I'll try and get some better pix later in the sun

Now that's a DGT. Gorgeous top and color. Such a beauty. Sound to match I am certain. Congrats Kin. And welcome to the forums.

Oh man that is gorgeous! I just got a 01 McCarty and love it. A bud just got a beautiful DGT and now you... this... I hate you both!
JK... Great score I must say!

Back