The SC250!

Phil M

I had been looking for the right deal on one of these for a few years. Found one and it should be here in a week or so! Wide Fat neck, longer scale for 1/2 and full step down, the elusive Red Tiger finish ...

I’m told it's a stock 2008. I’m not too sure what to expect from the SC pickups other than they are allegedly “hot” ... I’ve got a Duncan ‘59/Custom Hybrid on standby just in case.

It’s funny - a few weeks ago I had one PRS - the Custom 24 that I bought 3 years ago. Then the McCarty that I ordered in February showed up a couple weeks ago. Here’s hoping the used SC250 pans out! Pics when it arrives.

Oh, and I am cutting myself off from gear for 2019, so don’t start with me lol :p

SC250 is killer believe the original Tremonti was based on that model

Yup, they are similar. I actually came close to ordering a plain Jane black Tremonti with hardtail. I can live with wide thin, but the bigger neck and wayyyyyyy cheaper price led me to this one. On top of that, finding this one may open the door for a 594 in 2020.

I have an SC, which is the original SC250. It absolutely rocks.

I put a set of SC250 pups in it. Turns out they are exactly the same as Tremonti pups. Too much for me. So I swapped them out for BKP Cold Sweats. Great tone, very balanced, just the right amount of heat.

If you're down tuning you'll probably be happier with the pups than I was. I do love my Tremonti pups in my down tuned Tremonti Sig. Drop Db usually. 0.011 string set.

I have enough guitars setup with vintage or vintage hot pickups.

I think we have a winner here with the SC250. Pretty badass rawk guitar. It doesn’t sound like any other PRS guitars that I’ve played. I didn’t expect it to, but this hangs with my R7 Les Paul with BKP Nail Bomb pickups. I had planned to swap out the SC250 bridge pickup for a Duncan Custom/‘59 Hybrid but this is staying put for now.

EDIT: This is Red Tiger (10 top!). My pics make it look brown, but it’s a lot more red in person.

mnNz1M7.jpg

JXXLXLZ.jpg

Nice! I love my 08' SC250. Threw a BK Abraxas in the bridge and a Supermassive P90 in the neck. Love that combo in it, especially since it's in D standard.

I had been looking for the right deal on one of these for a few years. Found one and it should be here in a week or so! Wide Fat neck, longer scale for 1/2 and full step down, the elusive Red Tiger finish ...

I’m told it's a stock 2008. I’m not too sure what to expect from the SC pickups other than they are allegedly “hot” ... I’ve got a Duncan ‘59/Custom Hybrid on standby just in case.

It’s funny - a few weeks ago I had one PRS - the Custom 24 that I bought 3 years ago. Then the McCarty that I ordered in February showed up a couple weeks ago. Here’s hoping the used SC250 pans out! Pics when it arrives.

Oh, and I am cutting myself off from gear for 2019, so don’t start with me lol :p

I called total and complete BS. No gear for 2019......
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Per PRS, I guess my guitar is Black Cherry, not Red Tiger. I’m not sure why the past couple of sellers thought it was a special color. It’s fine - Black Cherry has always been one of my favorite PRS colors along with trans orange and vintage yellow.

Back