The S2 Studio is amazing

Since the S2 Studio is a limited edition, would anyone have an idea of how many were built or will be built — given the set number of orders made? And have the orders from January to March all been built by this point?

Just curious so a ballpark would be fine I suppose. TIA. Sean?

I've heard about 100 are headed to Europe so I would wildly guess at less than 1,000 worldwide.

Hi, there. I'm new here. I ordered an S2 Studio last May from Guitar Center and am still waiting for it to show up. I had read that there was a March 2018 deadline for ordering one, but was told by Guitar Ctr that they were expecting a shipment last August. That came and went and since then the arrival date basically keeps getting pushed forward to the following month. I'm curious as to how long it took for yours to be in your hands. Over 6 months and counting for me. Is that unusual?

Thanks, CVS. Tempting. I'd want that $14,000 back first. In my world that's a good chunk of change to be in limbo.

Ordered mine in mid-February and it arrived in mid-September so it took 7 months to get to me.

As previously mentioned, there are S2 Studios available on Reverb.com from legit PRS dealers. You may even save on sales tax depending on where you live.

Reactions: CVS
Ordered mine in mid-February and it arrived in mid-September so it took 7 months to get to me.

As previously mentioned, there are S2 Studios available on Reverb.com from legit PRS dealers. You may even save on sales tax depending on where you live.
Mine came from Chicago Music Exchange through Reverb - Totally hassle free. At the time I made my purchase about 3 weeks ago, they had a few in stock

According to Guitar Center's website the white one I ordered will be available 11/19. We'll see.

I bought my white one off Ebay for around $1000 and it was in mint condition...

I don't know how this guitar can nail the Strat single coil neck sound when it's made 100% out of mahagony, but it does. Same for setting vs 2 and 4. And the bridge HB is great. I haven't played my Les Paul R9 since it arrived; it's not a Les Paul copy, but it fills my personal need for HB tones really well since I tend to lean towards single coil anyway. And the cost is a fraction of other PRE models I've been looking at. If this came out as a core model i would probably buy one...heir and a spare.

Last edited:
Now
Now GC's web site says 12/13 for the white one. Every other color is available. Must be pretty popular.

Back