The S2 Studio is amazing

P90s

I saw Bryan Ewald demo the S2 Studio at a PRS clinic hosted by John Mann in NH. Before Bryan had even finished, someone in the crowd bought the guitar. Bryan also demo'd guitars costing 5-10 times more than the S2 Studio, but this was the guitar that floored me. Amazing Strat-like tones in the neck, P/U position 2 & 4 tones are great, and the bridge was round and clear. I bought one on-line last week, played it out live last night and kept smiling, so many different tones and all of them impressive. I still can't believe how inexpensive this guitar was for what it delivers. Birds and a hardshell case would have been nice, but I'm keeping my mouth shut. This guitar is truly amazing.

Received mine a few weeks ago after about a 6 month wait. I agree with your assessment - versatile with a lot of tones, plays so well, beautiful tobacco sunburst finish, and a great price. Anyone who is hesitating grabbing one, do it before they are gone and you regret it.

I'll say again... they're messing up by not making this one a "regular" model. (IMHO, YMMV, IWANTONEBUTAMNOTREADYTOBUYATTHISSECOND)

Of course.....
43945035565_8fb343c53d_b.jpg

44855572611_fce6a69fbd_b.jpg

I just got an email from a dealer telling me that the PRS S2 Studio is going to be discontinued at the end of the year. Has anyone else heard this or is it another case of "fake news"?

I just got an email from a dealer telling me that the PRS S2 Studio is going to be discontinued at the end of the year. Has anyone else heard this or is it another case of "fake news"?
I don't think this is "fake news". It's always been listed as a limited model. In fact, the PRS web site says that orders were only taken January 16, 2018 - March 31, 2018. So basically, it's already discontinued except for the ones in the pipeline.

I don't think this is "fake news". It's always been listed as a limited model. In fact, the PRS web site says that orders were only taken January 16, 2018 - March 31, 2018. So basically, it's already discontinued except for the ones in the pipeline.
I have had my eyes on one for a while but have been procrastinating. I guess I will have to get my "you know what" in gear!

There are plenty to be found at dealers. Reverb has over 70 new ones listed at the moment in all of the finishes.

Reactions: CVS
Back