The Rumor Mill, an ignominious repository

I was disappointed with Ruth’s Chris. I found the steaks to be good, but wildly overpriced.

As much as I love the steak...I'm gonna have to agree with rugerpc on this one. I used to take clents there quite a bit. MAN! I miss that expense a account! I've only eaten there a hand full of times on my own dime...or should I say, 10,000 dimes (per steak). I'll have a PB&J and and keep feeding my PRS addiction instead!

How does/did it compare to the Keg (if you've been)? Did you try Ruth's Chris again?
Much better than the Keg. The meat is a better cut and I like how they prepare it better.

I had eaten at Ruth Chris before and always had good steak. The one I sent back was because for some reason they butterflied my filet.

Now if I want steak I usually buy it from my favorite butcher and do it on the barbecue. That way I can coordinate the timing of mine and Mrs who likes hers cooked less.

Now if I want steak I usually buy it from my favorite butcher and do it on the barbecue. That way I can coordinate the timing of mine and Mrs who likes hers cooked less.

Always the best way to go! I've discovered the awesomeness of Traeger. Not sure I'll cook a steak on the Weber again!

If you're ever in the Charlotte area, there's a place about half an hour north of Charlotte called Epic Chophouse that's fantastic. Some of the best steaks I've ever had for very reasonable prices.

If you're ever in the Charlotte area, there's a place about half an hour north of Charlotte called Epic Chophouse that's fantastic. Some of the best steaks I've ever had for very reasonable prices.

Oh heck yeah! I know EC very well! One of my all time favorites for sure!

OK, this sounds all too convenient, but the absolute worst "band" I ever heard that I didn't play in was comprised of lawyers. I worked for 10 years for the largest law firm in Dallas. I was a "facility coordinator" or, glorified gopher to all of them. Some had a band. ALL PRS, Fender custom shop, Fender custom shop amplifiers, DW drums, Alembic bass.. you get the picture $$$$$$$$. It was cringe worthy at the best and just bad at the worst. ONE guy could play, the rest seemed to have bought everything yesterday in hopes they could play today. Kinda like Wimpy with hamburgers. Myself and my guys were tasked as "roadies" and Party makers. Moving their stuff around, helping set it up so they could bash around at some rooftop party for the incoming baby laws. All I could do was smirk and work. Never once did I get to touch an instrument in a playing manner, maybe that was for the best..

OK, this sounds all too convenient, but the absolute worst "band" I ever heard that I didn't play in was comprised of lawyers. I worked for 10 years for the largest law firm in Dallas. I was a "facility coordinator" or, glorified gopher to all of them. Some had a band. ALL PRS, Fender custom shop, Fender custom shop amplifiers, DW drums, Alembic bass.. you get the picture $$$$$$$$. It was cringe worthy at the best and just bad at the worst. ONE guy could play, the rest seemed to have bought everything yesterday in hopes they could play today. Kinda like Wimpy with hamburgers. Myself and my guys were tasked as "roadies" and Party makers. Moving their stuff around, helping set it up so they could bash around at some rooftop party for the incoming baby laws. All I could do was smirk and work. Never once did I get to touch an instrument in a playing manner, maybe that was for the best..

Okay, so I'll be the one to ask (with hope in my heart) did you ever "season" any of their meals and secretly watch as they ate while discussing the finer points of being yuppies? Depending on each guys demenor towards the mere mortals...I probably woulda...yup, I'm that guy... always have been, always been about stickin it to "the man"o_O...dont judge....brutally honesty, it's how I roll ,ANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY! Is my mantra... :D sorry, not sorry...

How can I have been to Indy so often without knowing this?

You gotta try the cocktail sauce. That's what Boogie handed over to Sergio for me when you guys went into the city to see the rasta band.

The time I had it at St Elmo the bartender asked if we'd had it before. No. He says, "take small bites, and be careful." Pfft...it's shrimp sauce...it was the last thing I thought before my eyes exploded and my sinuses melted.

I had to order my own a couple of weeks ago.

I was at Ruth's Chris just Sunday afternoon for Mothers day. It was a great experience with great food by my estimation. I had the simple Filet, with a salad and that otherworldly sweet potato casserole. That girl of mine had the "Seafood Tower' an UFO looking thing with ice piled high with seafood embedded in the ice. She couldn't finish it and munched it for 3 days. I kept asking, 'is that still good"?? Yup. But then again, she's Hawaiian and well, they will eat stuff I have never recognized on this planet till I got here...;-)

Back