The Rumor Mill, an ignominious repository

i am personally offended when anyone with a post-secondary education tries to play blues music.

“I’ll take Guitar Players With Post-Secondary Educations for $100, Alex.”

Clapton went to college. So did Keef. Jimmy Page went to college. Brian May has a Bachelor’s in math and physics, and a PhD in astronomy. Jeff Schroeder of Smashing Pumpkins has a PhD from UCLA. Tom Morello has a Harvard degree. David Gilmour went to college. In my own family, my son Jamie (Partybaby) has a degree from University of Michigan. Come to think of it, so do I, plus I have a law degree but have made my living in music for 28 years. I’m not a terrible blues player...it’s probably what I do best.

It’s my hope that you’re deeply personally offended reading my post. ;)

Last edited:
clapton? gilmour? those guys are english AND white!

(i need to learn to use the hated smileys, because truly i know white people (even lawyers) can play blues and asians can play field and chamber music — heard it.)

“I’ll take Guitar Players With Post-Secondary Educations for $100, Alex.”

Clapton went to college. So did Keef. Brian May has a Bachelor’s in math and physics, and a PhD in astronomy. Jeff Schroeder of Smashing Pumpkins has a PhD from UCLA. Tom Morello has a Harvard degree. David Gilmour went to college. In my own family, my son Jamie (Partybaby) has a degree from University of Michigan. Come to think of it, so did I, plus I have a law degree but have made my living in music for 28 years. I’m not a terrible blues player...it’s probably what I do best.

It’s my hope that you’re deeply personally offended reading my post. ;)

clapton? gilmour? those guys are english AND white!

(i need to learn to use the hated smileys, because truly i know white people (even lawyers) can play blues and asians can play field and chamber music — heard it.)

I figured you were kidding around. Hence the winkie smiley.

"I read it on the interwebz, so it must be true..."

PRS doesn't make working musicians' guitars. Only doctors and lawyers buy them.

Death before Disco! Or, Dodgeball before giving up my PRS guitars and amp!

‘estate blues’? i’m curious.

actually there should be a thread for everyone to admit their past professions, maybe there already was:

hello, i am a ‘bon vivant’ and my first guitar was a ‘bentley series 10’.

You don’t know true sorrow until you have student loan debt.
A couple of years out of college I went to get a car loan. They wanted a co-signer because I was too new to the work force.
I told them they didn’t need a co-signer because I was one of the 10% who actually paid back the student loan they gave me.

I got the loan.

Back