The Re-Issued McCarty

On a pricing basis(what is the price anyway?). Does anyone know about the body thickness?
Per my pusher, 10 top is $3899 & non 10 is $3299 MAP. As I recall the MC58 was ~3800 MAP. It also came with pasiley case, I am assuming this comes with black (?).

I would be ********VERY********** surprised if this guitar was any thicker than previous McCartys, which of course, is thicker than the Customs.

That said, Ive always wanted to play an SC-thick McCarty, I know a few exist in PS-land.

Nonsense.

1. A fancy top doesn't make a guitar "better." It might make it prettier. And I'm saying this even though I have a wood library version in the works.

I would most definitely be interested in hearing how something new might be "better" than what you already have kicking in your stall!

Great to see the McCarty back. I hope this becomes a trend of PRS reissuing some of their classic guitars.

Per my pusher, 10 top is $3899 & non 10 is $3299 MAP. As I recall the MC58 was ~3800 MAP. It also came with pasiley case, I am assuming this comes with black (?).

I would be ********VERY********** surprised if this guitar was any thicker than previous McCartys, which of course, is thicker than the Customs.

That said, Ive always wanted to play an SC-thick McCarty, I know a few exist in PS-land.

My MC58 has an "Artist grade" top which I believe was standard on the model. That being said it is 110% subjective (as Les says). As a matter of fact, although I LOVE my MC58 I've seen flames on 10tops that appeal to me more. My artist grade has a very tight consistent pattern and is clean throughout. Given my druthers I'd like a wider less consistent pattern with more "movement" and irregularity in it. Still love my top it's just that I can appreciate and acknowledge the beauty of others...kinda like passing a pretty girl when you're walking with your wife ::: Ducks to avoid frying pan::::

I believe the differences (for the most part) are purely aesthetic short of the pickups being different. Oh and the Paisley case (shallow and esoteric as this sounds) makes my MC58 better than any of these reissued McCarty's if they only come in a black case so there!!! :p

Just glad the McCarty is back in the line-up. Not really sure why it went away!

I would most definitely be interested in hearing how something new might be "better" than what you already have kicking in your stall!

Nothing could be better for me than what I have, no doubt! But different can be good, too.

I saw that my pal Jack was spec'ing some Wood Library McCartys, and jumped on it out of pure animal instinct. LOL!

CE and have it has to be bare bones ala Stripped 58s....they could be called the Stripped CEs......I already copyrighted that PRSH so I get a free one if it launches lol....jk btw...well kinda.

The P245 SH looks interesting but I'm not really excited over the "new" McCarty. It's not that the changes are bad, but they do make the guitar a little less McCarty like to me. The binding and Phase III tuners kill the vibe for me. More for everyone else then.

^This for me as well.

Why did they ever stop making McCartys?

I think they like to "rest" models occasionally - let the dealers get rid of their inventory and then launch a reboot. The CU22 had a similar story a few years ago...

Back