The Raven

I think I've seen neck and middle pups like that somewhere.... Hmmmmm..... maybe some "Doctor's Office"...??? ;)

I think I've seen neck and middle pups like that somewhere.... Hmmmmm..... maybe some "Doctor's Office"...??? ;)

Or Moonraker.

Jaws.jpg

By the way, I just got an Orange Tiny Terror from our very own Sergio deBlanc and I've been ripping it up 80's-style with The Raven for the last hour.

My fingers hurt, my ears are ringing, and the neighbors have looked at my house through their windows twice already.

[Sigh]

Heaven.

smiley7111.gif

Last edited:
Nice mod Hans. I love it. I'm actually a big Floyd fan. Save me a song at your B-Day party and bring the Raven!! Would love to trade some tasty liks with ya brotha'!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;45114 said:
Hey Sergio! Now I know the song you and I are doing at my 40th Birthday bash! Sounds like some basic Nile Rodgers licks.

OH! Funk Yeah! We can turn it into a medley with this one, it is the exact same riff:

I will insist you call me by my stage name: Johnny "Guitar" Weber.

Guys, listening to it, I think that's a mini Moog bass on that track, not a bass guitar. So...you'll need a synth.

(cracks fingers)

Yup.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;45131 said:
So you'll be there, Mr. Schefman? :rock:

:call:

Oh and about the guitar?

likecola.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

This guitar has a lot of low-end heft. I just yanked the Tremonti and dropped in my favorite PRS pickup from the 80's; a Deep Dish 2. It matches the spirit of this instrument perfectly.

It just rips in this guitar and works perfectly with the single-coil combinations Mr. Zimmers cooked up. This guitar + the Tiny Terror I scored from Sergio is a special combination.

I am a happy camper!

Raven_DD2.jpg

Hans,steelblock on the original 305 tremolo?Im just curious about the steelcomponents as advertised.

Last edited:
Hans - do you notice any difference in tone from the PRS trem to the Floyd? I'm sure there are some differences, but anything that REALLY jumps out?

Brother..... That is BADAZZ!!

That could be one of the coolest PRS there has ever been!

I just wanted to bump this thread because I got to play Le' Raven this weekend and I was blown away. The feel, the tone, the beauty - it was all there. We stood upstairs and took guesses when we heard some good tones - "is that an LP?" "Is that a DGT?" "Is that a strat?".... nope, it was the Raven!

Back