The Raven

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Skitchy, Skitchy, Yah Yah Yah!

The donor... a 25.5" scale 305. Ideal for an 80's Super-Strat Metal machine.
IMG00319-20110819-1940.jpg

Skitchy gets to work by plugging the corners of the treble pup:
RavenPlugged.jpg

The routing begins:
RavenBuckerRoute.jpg

And then the Floyd Rose route...
RavenMod.jpg

And then Skitchy adds the nut shelf (snicker) and the thread savers. No bolts through this neck!
Nut_Shelf.jpg

A little paint, black hardware, some pup mods, some electronics wizardry, badda-bing, badda-boom... and here it is.

The Raven!

IMG_0003_zpsb672e0a4.jpg

IMG_0006_zps6f813508.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsbde640cd.jpg

IMG_0008_zps20128393.jpg

Last edited:
Ive been waiting for this project to be unveiled for about 8 months. Its beautiful - every freaking aspect of it - flawless.

Dayummm!!! What pickups? That looks unbelievable! Big congrats!
Thanks! :) PTC Hot-rod 305 Single-coils and a Tremonti in the bridge - which will be replaced with a Deep Dish II later tonight.

Very nice! I love mangling a Floyd! Did they trim the neck carve to a soft V or is that just the grain doing tricks?

I don't think the carve was altered. Feels stock to me.

And somebody just broke the 2000 post barrier!

:cheers:

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;45053 said:
Thanks! :) PTC Hot-rod 305 Single-coils and a Tremonti in the bridge - which will be replaced with a Deep Dish II later tonight.

I don't think the carve was altered. Feels stock to me.

:cheers:

Nice mod!

I like the Tremonti pickup choice.

I gotta leave those details to Shawn, bro. I don't really know beyond the fact that they sound much hotter.

Oooooooooohhhhh:eek::rock:!!!!!! Hot-rod 305 single coils huh? Extra winds? Looks like the pole pieces or whatever the equivalents are on a 305 are exposed? Details?

Wow. Killer. I want to send a guitar to the PTC now. Off to hunt for my diamond in the rough.

Back