The PRS Strat

Not that there's anything wrong with that hardware, but I agree if PRS is hoping to compete with the likes of Suhr and Fender, it has to be CE price range with top quality everything.

When compared to a squire or epiphone sure theres nothing wrong with the hardware, but if its a guitar that wants to compete with the best in the 1.5-2k range they cant come with that level of cost savings.

I couldn`t hold out any longer. I went and bought a 92 EG II with 3 Lindy Fralin dominos in it. I can`t post a picture, because it`s blue, and I don`t want Sergio to toss his cream sickles. Besides, I`m running on an iPad for a while. I`ll let you know how it sounds. The seller is a `PRS collector in Southern California.

Very, very close to a Bangin'! for that one. I have to deduct one point for blue so I give you a Rad!++

The redhead is also an anti-blueite, she hijacked my tablet and saw your post and saw your scoring system...she wanted to know if it was some secret code that guys have that she didn't know about...of course I said...yep! Also, I told her I felt violated and that this security breach was not cool...I asked if she was trying to get me kicked out of the PRS club? To which she quickly replied...yep, especially if you buy another one... and it's blue. Cryptic answer but, does this mean I can buy another one AS LONG as it's not blue? :confused:That's my interpretation...but misinterpretation is how wars are started. Please advise...

A thousand pardons for the breach...it won't happen again...:(

My friend, you are in deep doo-doo. She now thinks you are scheming to get another guitar. Best be wary! You may point this post out to her, as I am the cause of this gross misunderstanding.. My deepest apologies to the queen of your household. I have unwittingly played the knave. And by the way, this is one of the few places where Sergio and I disagree. Blue geetars play mo bettah!

The redhead is also an anti-blueite, she hijacked my tablet and saw your post and saw your scoring system...she wanted to know if it was some secret code that guys have that she didn't know about...of course I said...yep! Also, I told her I felt violated and that this security breach was not cool...I asked if she was trying to get me kicked out of the PRS club? To which she quickly replied...yep, especially if you buy another one... and it's blue. Cryptic answer but, does this mean I can buy another one AS LONG as it's not blue? :confused:That's my interpretation...but misinterpretation is how wars are started. Please advise...

Hey bro, I'm sending you one of my guitars to test drive. You pick what you want and tell her it's mine. I'm here for you.

My friend, you are in deep doo-doo. She now thinks you are scheming to get another guitar. Best be wary! You may point this post out to her, as I am the cause of this gross misunderstanding.. My deepest apologies to the queen of your household. I have unwittingly played the knave. And by the way, this is one of the few places where Sergio and I disagree. Blue geetars play mo bettah!

YOU my friend sound well versed in the avoidance of deep doo-doo. Not good, that's what I was afraid of...what can I say? I was trying to convince myself that her cryptic or at least "vague" respone wasn't secret girl code for "do you feel lucky punk?". I truly am a delusional optimist...who am I kidding? Delusional minus the optimist is a more accurate label. Thanks for saving me from myself, I owe you one. I am still gonna buy my next one this weeko_O...I'll just claim temporary insanity, or just tell her that I'm dying...is that bad? Would that be wrong? Yup, she's right, I in fact do have more issues than National Geographico_O just for the record, my bugaboos are clowns and guitars with Floyd Rose Trems, they scare the $h!t outta me! Oh and aluminum foil. I'm okay with blue though...

You need to lay down the law. You need to march in there and say, "Womans, I am not only considering a new guitar, I am not only scheming to get a new guitar, I am getting a new guitar, and it will be whatever damn color I want it to be, even if that's blue fade so I can have all the flavors of blue! Got it? Good! Now get in the kitchen and make me a pie!"

Trust me, it doesn't seem like it will work, but you'll get over the divorce in a few years.

Hey bro, I'm sending you one of my guitars to test drive. You pick what you want and tell her it's mine. I'm here for you.

(Crying)Your kindness and sacrifice gives me hope in humanity (still crying) for the first time!
You should receive Nobel Peace Prize for saving dudes from instant death at the hands of opressive, scary (ginger) dictators (Freudian slip)...I mean wives everywhere just because of an uncontrollable need to buy multiple PRSi. I'm eternally greatful! I'll alert the dictator of you generous and incredibly kind gesture! :D you are a warrior in the fight against evil (red haired) wives and thier unjust persecution of PRS addicts...you my friend are a gentleman a scholar and my new hero (Crying uncontrollably). I'll let her know you are sending one for me to test drive (sniffles)....what a guy!:rolleyes:

You need to lay down the law. You need to march in there and say, "Womans, I am not only considering a new guitar, I am not only scheming to get a new guitar, I am getting a new guitar, and it will be whatever damn color I want it to be, even if that's blue fade so I can have all the flavors of blue! Got it? Good! Now get in the kitchen and make me a pie!"

Trust me, it doesn't seem like it will work, but you'll get over the divorce in a few years.

I gave plaintiff #1 the same speech, almost word for word, told her I was buying a new motorcycle and if she didnt like it she could kick rocks! Then I told her that I was the boss, that I made the rules, not her! Then demanded a peanut butter sandwich with the crust cut off. I got the motorcycle, the peanut butter sandwich, a divorce AND 12 stab wounds BOOM!...WINNING!

Last edited:
Hijacking your tablet? Well if she does it again, she’ll see that she’s at home here. I LOVE redheads! I am one. And I’ll not only watch out for the husband of one, to keep him out of trouble here, I’ll even “loan” you an Archon of your choice.
And you don’t have to coin up for one til you can sell enough blood to pay for it. Surely you’ll deserve one after such a noble gesture.

Hijacking your tablet? Well if she does it again, she’ll see that she’s at home here. I LOVE redheads! I am one. And I’ll not only watch out for the husband of one, to keep him out of trouble here, I’ll even “loan” you an Archon of your choice.
And you don’t have to coin up for one til you can sell enough blood to pay for it. Surely you’ll deserve one after such a noble gesture.

Yes, she can rest easy now she no longer has to live in fear of me "blowing money on guitars and stuff" Yes, thanks to the amazing humanitarians that you guys are, she doesn't have to worry her pretty little red head about it! All these test drives will buy me so much more time to save the money I earn from panhandling on the freeway offramp, selling my plasma, not to mention all the money from the aluminum cans I collect from trash cans from drainage ditches. You guys are the best! Maybe I can afford one of these PRS Strats when/if they become available. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, she can rest easy now she no longer has to live in fear of me "blowing money on guitars and stuff" Yes, thanks to the amazing humanitarians that you guys are, she doesn't have to worry her pretty little red head about it! All these test drives will buy me so much more time to save the money I earn from panhandling on the freeway offramp, selling my plasma, not to mention all the money from the aluminum cans I collect from trash cans from drainage ditches. You guys are the best! Maybe I can afford one of these PRS Strats when/if they become available. :rolleyes:

We're here for you, bro. If you think their was peer pressure in high school, wait til you hang out with the doctors and lawyers here for a while. I've seen it drive people to getting a second job just to afford gear, and even to guys finding a sugar mama just to buy them more gear! :D

We're here for you, bro. If you think their was peer pressure in high school, wait til you hang out with the doctors and lawyers here for a while. I've seen it drive people to getting a second job just to afford gear, and even to guys finding a sugar mama just to buy them more gear! :D

I figured out pretty early on...it was going to be ugly. My "hobbies" have always been expensive, the list is long. Guitars/music are more of a passion...so this is really bad! I'll be on the SE's for a wile... key word there, SE'ssss. These things are like potato chips! As my signiture says... yup this is gonna leave a mark...you know like... the redhead is gonna leave a mark...like a knife wound...on my neck...yeah, that kinda mark. Thank goodness I have all my PRS buddies to enable...uh, I mean help me with my journey/suicide mission/death wish. There should be a disclaimer on here about GAS being potentially life threatening too. You know, a PSA for those if us with homicidal redheads. BTW doctors and Lawyers will come in handy...you know, one to stitch me up, and if I make it...one to represent me in my divorce case...you guys are awsome! :D

Back