The PRS SE your're dreaming about?

There are 3-4 in my brain that want built. They are all fighting for first place.

SE McCarty and/or DGT
SE Bass
SE EG S/S/S

A goldtop Bernie would be awesome too!

Last edited:
If it's not made in the USA don't even think about it. The tonal differences are huge.

If it's not made in the USA don't even think about it. The tonal differences are huge.

main-troll.jpg

I agree there are tonal differences, but I wouldn't say "don't even think about it". They're made for the cash-strapped players wanting to play PRS guitars, in which they can then upgrade it with USA parts down the road. The SEs made many people's dreams to come true (including me). Plus, with all those artists playing stock SE signatures instead of USA PRS, I doubt that they hear huge tonal differences. ;)

I have changed everything within my SE guitar from pots, locking tuners, pickups, input jack and selector switch. I had to have the frets leveled as well. $700+ later the guitar doesn't sound much different than it did prior to the modifications. All done by a Luthier. The tonal differences are huge. I had everything but the wood converted over to USA parts. When you play the SE next to my custom 22 there is no comparison.

Might not be a new model, but I'd like to see the SE Semi-hollow Custom with a beveled top and no pick-guard....double points if a Limited Edition came equipped with a Piezo.

I'd also like to see some sort of SE in a Goldtop, any model would be fine.

Last edited:
Another vote for a beveled semi-hollow. SE Mira Korina would be nice too.

Back