The PRS S2 Custom 22 Video From PRS

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Another one into my inbox today from Rex.

The PRS S2 Custom 22

Like the S2 Single Cut video I posted the other day, both vids needs some dirty overdriven sounds too.
These are rock guitars, and they need to be played full bore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. There has been some talk lately about specs being different from what is on the official product pages. In this case, the guy says the guitar has S2 HFS and VB pickups, but the product page says S2 #7 pickups.

Interesting. There has been some talk lately about specs being different from what is on the official product pages. In this case, the guy says the guitar has S2 HFS and VB pickups, but the product page says S2 #7 pickups.

I would say the Rett is wrong. I have never seen HFS/VINTAGE pups covered in either USA or SE versions. I really miss Jay Hayes demos. Personally never cared for Rett`s demos as the tone is always weird and IMO just does not demo them very well. Jay always did nice demos.

I was under the impression that S2 single and Custom 22 had #7s

They do, the S2 versions of the #7's. Which are outsourced for production, but I don't remember ever hearing specifically who makes them or where.

Anyone know if it is in fact G&B making the S2 pickups? I would think it would be somewhere a little more high-end, but then again G&B did a pretty good job with the SE245 pickups, maybe they have the ability to make some higher quality pickups.

Someone posted pics of the internals of a S2 Mira and the pickups had the G&B logo. I don't know why they get a bad rap, they're actually pretty good. IMHO they're on the level with Duncan and Dimarzio.

Someone posted pics of the internals of a S2 Mira and the pickups had the G&B logo. I don't know why they get a bad rap, they're actually pretty good. IMHO they're on the level with Duncan and Dimarzio.

I've replaced the pickups in 2 of my SE's with Dimarzio's, and I agree. In my old SE Custom 22, and there was a small difference, but not much. Then in my SE Custom 24, I liked the SE HFS, but didn't care for the SE Vintage Bass at all, but I think that was no fault of G&B, it was made to spec, just wasn't MY thing. I switched out to another set of Dimarzio's, and it was a significant upgrade for me, but only because the VB wasn't my flavor, USA or SE. Then the SE 245 pickups came along, and I never had a complaint about those. Really liked the neck pickup, great balance and much clearer.

But anyways, looking forward to trying these #7's, or at least hearing some new demos online. The NAMM videos and official PRS videos of the singlecut and custom S2's didn't impress me at all, but I don't think that's the fault of the pickups.

Back