The PRS Lexicon

Splap - Split/Tap

The switching system on the "408" style pickups (Sig Ltd, 408, Paul's, Brent Mason etc), where in humbucker mode one coil is tapped, and in single coil mode that coil is untapped (1500 winds added back into the circuit) and then split from the other coil using a DPDT on-on mini-toggle. I think :p

Added SS.

You've been over there too long... :p

Are you buying up all the Kiss albums with the altered logo?

kiss-love-gun-ab-s.jpg

That's really bad in Germany...
Well, speaking as a person living in Germany, I can tell you that not all labels once used by those evil sh!tbags are reserved to sustain their legacy of hatred.

If you want to do that, knock yourself out. The rest of us will move forward and think of a Silver Sky, or a Camero Super Sport, or something equally awesome instead of giving power to the past.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who can't say Santa because it's an anagram for Satan.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're one of those people who can't say Santa because it's an anagram for Satan.
Good guess, but where I come from, we believe in the Christkind ;)

I’m just trying to be careful, PRS doesn’t need to end up with a “SS guitar”. And with the current “alternative taste” about 13% of the German voters have... You know.

Schöne Grüße aus dem Sauerland :D

PRSence (PR-es-ence) - The ability to identify PRS gear onstage or in video performance, usually in hard to see conditions (poor lighting, quick camera changes, etc.). Usually punctuated by a statement like, "Hey, there's a PRS!"

Last edited:
THE FUNNY ONES

Hippie Sandwich
- What PRSh calls guitars made from a whole bunch of different woods glued together. 11top hears him say this a lot. :D

And worn as a badge of honor. :cool:

I think I heard that term when I took ziracote in all those years ago. I guess it didn't go over well since it hasn't been used since. ;):rolleyes:

Back