The PRS guitar, Forum Video Jam!!! Who will play??

Ruger...the Video forum Jam....where are you??????? Sign up, my friend...we need you!

I'm not sure I have the chops to participate, Bennett. The vids I have posted so far have been the thousandth takes for little snips and are still riddled with mistakes....

I'm not sure I have the chops to participate, Bennett. The vids I have posted so far have been the thousandth takes for little snips and are still riddled with mistakes....

Come on, Bill... Ned is willing to learn how to edit video, I am willing to learn how to play the guitar. You just have to learn how not to be hard on yourself ;)

Pal...the reason I am doing this is simply because after I saw your video I realized that there are others in the forum who play like I do. Don't kid yourself...this is not about chops...this is about having fun, making fun of ourselves and creating an epic masterpiece. You will fit in fine. And...when you create your video...you can do as many takes as you want before you send in the final product. We are all mostly hobbyists here....I ain't leaving my day job anytime soon...I play for my own pleasure and to torture my wife. Very simple and effective, really.

And....someone needs to coerce or convince the Highlander to participate. I know that Les doesn't want to show his face, since he is about 800 years old, and needs to maintain his disguise. but, he should be in this project anyway. Hear me Highlander????? You participate....or we'll have your head! And you will never experience "The Quickening"!

I'm in.

Do you have a phone?

Of course. Iphone and an ipad 3. count me as a dummy but I can do a 4 minute video with that? I had no idea.

And I nominate Sweet Home Alabama as a contender. Classic and lots of easy parts. Or if we want to go real easy, something Neal Young--like Keep on Rocking In the Free World.

Last edited:
Ruger If you'll go - I'll go! Us drummers gotta stick together!:laugh: LOL!!!Doc - all I have is an Iphone to record with - that will work?

Of course. Iphone and an ipad 3. count me as a dummy but I can do a 4 minute video with that? I had no idea. And I nominate Sweet Home Alabama as a contender. Classic and lots of easy parts. Or if we want to go real easy, something Neal Young--like Keep on Rocking In the Free World.

As long as your smart phone has video....that will work fine. these days, they even make it super easy to upload to youtube.

As far as the tunes above...they are exactly in the category I would recommend...classic, easy to play, easily recognizable. We have to defer to the lowest common denomonator here...I want everyone to feel comfortable with the final chosen topic...that being said...anything by Neil Young (and especially rockin' in the free world) would work for me!!

Man Bennett, it looks like there are enough people signed up that I better get off my butt and finally get an iPhone. Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into? Did I really sign up to not only learn, but video myself playing a Neil Young song?

Mary Jane's last dance?

if you're going to do Mr. Young - Cinnomon Girl :D

...if we all through out a few we can do a poll later to pick one?

Correct! We develop the group...then we choose a song that we can all agree on. 'Cause if it was just me, it would be all Neil Young or BOC..or pink floyd...or Stones....so, I'm easy.. so long as there aren't any real difficult passages. If you've seen my "beat it" solo video....you understand that speaking for myself...I am prepared to expose my limitations in the name of having fun and a good time.

And....someone needs to coerce or convince the Highlander to participate. I know that Les doesn't want to show his face, since he is about 800 years old, and needs to maintain his disguise. but, he should be in this project anyway. Hear me Highlander????? You participate....or we'll have your head! And you will never experience "The Quickening"!
I agree, it would be great to have some of the more errr "prominent" members of this forum get in on this. Hans, Les, Shawn, James etc etc

Mary Jane's last dance?

if you're going to do Mr. Young - Cinnomon Girl :D

...if we all through out a few we can do a poll later to pick one?
Andy from Pro Guitar Shop reviews a lot of pedals on their YouTube channel, but since NAMM last week, he is now giving free lessons just about daily while demoing a pedal too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy from Pro Guitar Shop reviews a lot of pedals on their YouTube channel, but since NAMM last week, he is now giving free lessons just about daily while demoing a pedal too.

Ya got me, I learned it from Andy over the weekend! ;)
That's what prompted my responce - ONE FINGER chords! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what the hell, I'm in if you'll have me.

Welcome aboard :congrats:

Correct! We develop the group...then we choose a song that we can all agree on. 'Cause if it was just me, it would be all Neil Young or BOC..or pink floyd...or Stones....so, I'm easy.. so long as there aren't any real difficult passages. If you've seen my "beat it" solo video....you understand that speaking for myself...I am prepared to expose my limitations in the name of having fun and a good time.

By the way, is this gonna be "guitar only" video? No bass, drums, vocals, whatever? Or will the guitar be layered over the original song, that would be well heard in the video? (I find the second option more fun than the first, but a bigger pain in the a** to equalize)

How about something with a backing track on iTunes that everyone can download....... Must be some ACDC on there!!

The unifying rule of thumb...be it a click track, or playing along to a background song, or whatever...must be the ease of video editing the final versions. That is my major concern. I agreed to take the helm of the editing, with the understanding that I've never done it before and need to learn the basics.....some of the recommendations are probably easier than others, and some may just be untenable given my ability and available equipment.

So...Let's try to keep this project as simple as we can. Anyone who has done video editing in the past is welcome to chime in with tips, ideas and recommendations.

Back