The PRS Fiore

Flat-topped electrics with no pickguard have never worked for me aesthetically (though I'm curious what this would look like with a burst finish, esp. since Mayer isn't giving us one.) That being said, it sounded great in the clips (especially with gain, wanted to hear more of that.)

Certainly will make it easier to justify adding the Floyd Rose.

Give it time.

i-wG3NqgK-X2.jpg
I'm not pressed about a Floyd, but a bridge humbucker has been on my mind since this came out.

Flat-topped electrics with no pickguard have never worked for me aesthetically (though I'm curious what this would look like with a burst finish, esp. since Mayer isn't giving us one.) That being said, it sounded great in the clips (especially with gain, wanted to hear more of that.)

That's how I feel. I wish it had a pick guard. Sounds great but I can't get past the visuals.

That's how I feel. I wish it had a pick guard. Sounds great but I can't get past the visuals.
Especially the white one... something about that screams "guitar that comes in a starter kit with a Five-Watt combo amp, a pitch pipe and one of those cheap cables with the nasty, sticky-feeling insulation." That's just me though.

Now if it had a figured wood top, like say a Suhr or Tom Anderson? We could talk.

I keep watching the launch video and like it more and more. I assume the neck carve is Strat like since that is his past preference which works, and would be shocked if the radius is less than 9.5.

Now if I really wanna be picky I would love to see a one off screaming neon pink version that I could make a home for.

I like it except for the trem. That killed it for me. The artist said he likes the two point bridge so it has a two point bridge. The reason Artist guitars don't work for me, save the Zach Myers and the Santana should the artist package return.

I suspect many of the design compromises were due to a desire to reach a certain price point. At a certain price point, I'd expect a different level of hardware and wood choices. Anyone know the estimated street price for this?

I'm not a Strat player, but it's probably a good idea for PRS to offer this, and it should sell well.

I don't know how well the Hiland sold, because we never get sales figures, but the problem on that deal was that Hiland felt he wasn't getting enough money for the endorsement, and his saying that was widely reported. It had nothing to do with the guitar itself. You can't have an artist model when the artist withdraws from the deal.

My guess is that the Brent Mason model wasn't Strat or Fender enough for those that wanted something in that direction, so it was discontinued. This is closer.

Easy peasy... 10 minutes, a screwdriver, and a soldering iron, maybe a heat gun to soften the wax potting, *pop* cover's off.

Assuming they are black. I once opened an Ibanez this way and found two red bobbins. I guess they had extra red bobbbins laying around.

Who let all these miserable party poopers in here?

Congrats to Mark. Stellar player and good dude. I hope they sell a boatload of 'em.

I honestly was never that aware of him. Beautiful guitar....thought it was cool he let his little girl name the guitar. I'm with you, seems like a good dude and after checking him out, I can definitely see why he got a sig model...what a monster!

I think it was in the chat session on YouTube during the live airing that someone said the neck is pretty much pattern regular. That's not gospel, though.

Though Mark Lettieri is a great, unique and underrated guitarist and musician I'm predicting that this model will go the way of the Johnny Hiland and Brent Mason models.
I hear you, but 25.5" HSS bolt-on neck guitars, aka 'super-strats', are a hugely popular standard, one that until now PRS didn't offer. I bet it sticks big time, and even spawns some variants of its own.

And BTW ... did they talk about the neck size, fret size and radius? I didn't see/hear any mention.

Last edited:
Back