The PRS Fiore

I think this was the answer to all of the posts and comments from folks who wished the Silver Sky was a HSS and more super-strat. Mayer didn't want it that way, so instead of offering a variation of the model, they found a way to vary the artist and still basically deliver something that was requested.

That said, the pickups probably sound very different from the SS.

Im interested if there is any noise reduction tech for those pickups. Having a Duncan Quarter Pounder in the neck position of one of my guitars, I can tell you that those big beefy singles with the 1/4" mags put out a LOT of hum under high gain.

Pretty cool, I was not expecting something like this. In all honesty the HSS superstrat design is not my thing personally, thus given the option between this and other PRS offerings I wouldn't choose this, but I like the idea and the execution.

I don’t feel great about the use of Swamp Ash, given that other companies have recognized that it’s not sustainable.

There were so many trees killed by the bores that many were just left to rot. I’m convinced that there’s a good supply currently. Besides, if it’s a rare thing, wouldn’t that make it more collectible?

Why in the world do they call it a "single, single, hum" (SSH)? Position 1 is hum, and always start with position 1, should be properly called HSS, why start with position 3 (or 5) for naming?

Because it sounds like an intern wrote the description for the guitar?! In addition to this, there's: "The Fiore model features a 5-way blade switch with traditional wiring (bridge/bridge + middle/middle/middle + neck/neck)." What does that mean?

And last, "The Fiore also features a single volume and two push/pull tone controls, which further adds to this guitar’s tone-shaping abilities." And the push/pulls do.... what?

Too much sloppiness last night, thank goodness they don't make their guitars like that.

Last edited:
There were so many trees killed by the bores that many were just left to rot. I’m convinced that there’s a good supply currently. Besides, if it’s a rare thing, wouldn’t that make it more collectible?
I agree that they might as well be harvested. They don’t do much good lying in the woods. In this case, the not sustainable is because of the bores, not over harvesting.

Though Mark Lettieri is a great, unique and unrated guitarist and musician I'm predicting that this model will go the way of the Johnny Hiland and Brent Mason models.
At least Mark is truly gifted player ........I was fearing the Tyler Larson model with his silly heavy metal fingers as a logo !

This will be a pass for me. No 25.5" scale, no two point tremolo. I have a 509, so I can get the single, single hum if I want it. Then there's my S2 Studio. I do think PRS does maple neck/maple board better than most of us realize. I even think they do it better than anyone else. I'm sure the fiore is a beautiful guitar, but I don't think I'm going to gain anything sonically over my current arsenal.

then I’ll just wait for them in the secondary ;)

Certainly will make it easier to justify adding the Floyd Rose.

I think this was the answer to all of the posts and comments from folks who wished the Silver Sky was a HSS and more super-strat. Mayer didn't want it that way...

Give it time.

i-wG3NqgK-X2.jpg

I would also rather have the regular trem on it. And aesthetic wise, not cover the humbucker and instead just have the black bobbins.

Speaking of Floyd Rose: Fender just came out with the Ultra Luxe that offers Floyd Rose again on a USA Strat.

I had been stating that a guitar like this was the next logical step after the Silver Sky. Glad to see it. I wish there was more information about the neck though. Can't find any details other than scale.

Back