The Photo Booth

Fire and Ice.

The night before I flew to MD for the TGS BRW run it snowed in STL.
photo+4.JPG

The night after returning from Exp 2013.
photo+3.JPG

SWEEET!

Here's a Snow Leopard I got last winter...

img_19381.jpg

It's actually easier to just post my photography website address rather than post a bunch of shots...is that ok?

http://www.ericjasonbrockphotography.com/

Navigate to the Portfolio section for the "current" 25 images. There are also more pictures on the Blog page if you navigate to that too.

IF anyone does take a look, I'd love some feedback...I haven't had the website up for very long and would like to hear some comments from people who don't necessarily know me!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Cool stuff!

How do you get the colors to look like this? It almost has a "hand tinted" look.

Shawn,

Thanks!

I fool around in Photoshop so much, it's hard to remember what exactly I did to this particular shot! I started using a tablet with photoshop earlier in the year and with that you can do more selective toning, saturation adjustments, etc. and that's probably what I did here. I definitely remember "dodging" the pillars on the building (lightening them...dodging and burning are old darkroom terms.)

Here's a Satriani/Dethklok/Aristocrats/Chickenfoot/Zappa mashup I got on my iPhone a couple weeks back...

Satch2149.jpg

Here's a Satriani/Dethklok/Aristocrats/Chickenfoot/Zappa mashup I got on my iPhone a couple weeks back...

Satch2149.jpg

What's that Kevin Bacon game? I think we can do that with this bass player now days. He's good for sure.

What's that Kevin Bacon game? I think we can do that with this bass player now days. He's good for sure.

Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon.

I'm not sure you need six with Keneally and Beller. This is far from a complete list, but it will give you an idea...

Keneally - Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Screaming Jay Hawkins, Dethklok, Joe Satriani, The Mistakes, Lyle Workman, Neil Sadler, Mullmuzzler (James LaBrie), Z

Beller - Z, Vai, Satriani, Dethklok, Aristocrats, Mullmuzzler, Janet Robin, Dave Weiner, Brendon Small

I told Beller's wife I don't know how he keeps the music straight when he goes from a Satch tour to recording an Aristocrats album with 10 days between (and has to write and learn the songs in those 10 days).

Necro-bump, but the city I live in hosts a Yacht show from 3 to 7 May ( http://www.mediterraneanyachtshow.gr ) and several nice yachts are already here.

Pics taken today with my phone while jogging before work. Later the sky cleared up all nice and sunny...
20140502_073359_zps8e107092.jpg

20140502_073749_zps3ebdb478.jpg

20140502_073920_zps61fe5f23.jpg

20140502_074618_zps06b935b2.jpg

I took this pic in Central Africa. The ingenious toy is made out of sardine cans. The pants on the boy on the right have been handed down so many times that there is no cloth in the back and the pants are only holding on by a thread. They boys were so excited when i showed them the picture.

Great pics.

My PRS guitars:

ae06t1.jpg

Left - 2010 PRS Custom 24 10 Top Fire Red Burst with 57/08s
Right - 2006 PRS SE Custom 22 Grey Black with Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB

Great pics.

My PRS guitars:

ae06t1.jpg

Left - 2010 PRS Custom 24 10 Top Fire Red Burst with 57/08s
Right - 2006 PRS SE Custom 22 Grey Black with Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB

Woah! I want to know who shot that poster photo in the background. I've done some similar photos. PM me if links to the photographer's web site aren't allowed. This is my old Mira that got away from me.
6e1s.jpg

I took this pic in Central Africa. The ingenious toy is made out of sardine cans. The pants on the boy on the right have been handed down so many times that there is no cloth in the back and the pants are only holding on by a thread. They boys were so excited when i showed them the picture.

That's actually a pretty cool little toy, but the photo certainly makes you realize how hard day-to-day life can be for some.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

Anyway, I found this old photo from the 2009 Dallas Guitar Show. Several old friends in this picture. Sadly, some of them are no longer with us.

(click to enlarge)
IMG_4806.jpg

Back