The Orianthi Appreciation Thread

The Ratchet

Images, words, music , all welcome here.

orianthi-page_7b69724a48.jpg

"Beat It" solo

I wonder if back in 1982, Paul Reed Smith ever imagined that almost 30 years later, a guitar he created would be on a stage, playing Beat It, with Michael Jackson, and a beautiful talented woman tearing it up on a PRS fretboard.

Beat It Solo - Orianthi Panagaris

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely not in her demographic but I have one of her CDs. She plays and sings well and comes off as a good person who respects her fans. She sets a good example for younger women who want to perform. She does not need to run around the stage in her undies to get attention.

Orianthi? Pfft! She's stuck up...

She hasn't responded to any of the 1,742 e-mails I've sent her...

What, you say that's excessive? Really? So I guess that restraining order was real? I though that she was just playing hard to get... Uh-Oh... :oops:

Jamie

Yeah we are really proud of the lil blonde from Smalltown, Sth Australia!

I saw her open for John Mayer a couple years ago... (Get your mind out of the gutter!) :lol:

She was great live and her sound throught the EVH half stack sounded really ballsy! Theres a song called 'Driveaway' or something like that which I really enjoyed. She backed the gain off a bit and let rip with some nice bluesy licks!

The Orianthi SE looks like a pretty cool guitar for the money too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6zJNLh-3w

The Ratchet said:
"Beat It" solo

I wonder if back in 1982, Paul Reed Smith ever imagined that almost 30 years later, a guitar he created would be on a stage, playing Beat It, with Michael Jackson, and a beautiful talented woman tearing it up on a PRS fretboard.

[youtube:39g571ev]m3C-xpkyK_o[/youtube:39g571ev]
awesome!

Blackbird said:
The Ratchet said:
"Beat It" solo

[youtube:11jbrul1]m3C-xpkyK_o[/youtube:11jbrul1]
awesome!

Great tone, great solo. :D

I like her - every interview she's friendly, articulate, smart and funny. I like her playing and my band covers one of her songs that I don't hate playing. Nothing wrong with any of it.

I like her playing, but the CD that she made with her own music did not make that much of an impression tbh.

JMintzer said:
Orianthi? Pfft! She's stuck up...

She hasn't responded to any of the 1,742 e-mails I've sent her...

What, you say that's excessive? Really? So I guess that restraining order was real? I though that she was just playing hard to get... Uh-Oh... :oops:

Jamie

:lol: That made my day.

WEDGE said:
mgman said:
She does not need to run around the stage in her undies to get attention.

You say that like it's a bad thing...... :cool:

There is always Taylor Momsen, I'm not going to post photos, this is an "All ages" board. ;)

Scotti said:
The Orianthi SE looks like a pretty cool guitar for the money too!

The new one looks much better. The original one looked with Dorothy's shoes from Wizard of Oz. My wife wants the new one, my daughter still wants the sparkly one.

I'd sell you my red sparkly one, but alas - Orianthi signed it, in blood, on the Alice Cooper tour. Now we are connected forever. My shrine is complete. :mrgreen:

Scott Peterson said:
I like her - every interview she's friendly, articulate, smart and funny. I like her playing and my band covers one of her songs that I don't hate playing. Nothing wrong with any of it.

Exactly - it's pop music..... BUT powered by Engl's with tapping solos haha :lol:

Back