The one you miss the most

Jester

Shawn's thread on the three favorite guitars that you own got me thinking. What is the one guitar you most regret selling?

So let's see 'em. Post 'em up.

From a players perpective, this one. My forthcoming PS HB2 has it's roots in this guitar.

VN_HB2_Artist.jpg

From a collector's perspective, I probably should have kept Sig #19 (1986). But, the Sweet Switch had been drilled and I couldn't stop dwelling on it.

Sig19-1.jpg

Honestly never owned anything worth enough to sell, but given away a few entry-level guitars to friends that were starting out. One was a really beaten up old Westone that I absolutely adored, and had also been given for free along with a keyboard amp and a couple pedals when I was starting out.

Also trying to sell a discontinued Yamaha that I'm bound to miss when it's gone, but just don't really have the space for it!

Don't have a pic...but the one that started it all, my 1992 Custom 24 with moons, sunburst. Funny story...they opened up a GC near me a few weeks ago, was talking with the studio manager, turns out he was the guy running the local small town shop that I sold it to years ago...after we were talking, he remembered me, the guitar, and the "look of death" on my face when I sold it. Small world.

You know, it's funny, I dig my 3 newly acquired Private Stocks so much, and I am so excited about the 2 in the oven, that I don't really miss any of the previous 50 (yes, 50!) or so PRSi I have gone through in the past four years. They were all part of the experience of sampling every option available to know what I like to pony up and start building my own with the awesome Private Stock team. ;)

I look back at many of them with great fondness, especially those magical Wood Library Ted's, but I don't regret selling them.

I do have a feeling that is sort of like "missing", I am anxiously (and impatiently!) awaiting these two, that I picked every piece of wood for said goodbye to, awaiting the finished product to arrive safely home! The first one should be here by Christmas, hopefully!

SC 245 Ted Signature, McCarty Thickness, Armando's Amethyst Burst:

IMG_6616.jpeg

DC 245 Signature, Aquamarine:

Wood%2520Libary%2520Oct-23-2012%252012.jpg

Never got pictures but early Studio (HSS) in beautiful red 10 flamed to kill!!!! Black pickups just perfect against the red. To Sleep, per chance to dream ( about getting it back!!)

Collection wise....Kenny's Employee Santana
Guitars2006010.jpg

93 McTrem Proto......I was scared to scratch/dent either one gigging them.......
McTrem.jpg

For a gigging guitar.......My Ex GTH-350 SAS.......It's in good hands with Mr. Thorn, but it ROCKED!!!!!
gt350-2.jpg

I don't really regret selling any of mine, but if I was to choose one to get back it would be the McRosie with moons and zebra Bare Knuckle Holy Divers on the left in the pic below:

McRosies.jpg

Back