The one that got away....

slev

We've all got that one (or more) PRS that we should never have let go and still regret. Let's commiserate and maybe reunite a few long lost friends.

Mine was my first PRS. Awesome 2003 CE 22. Traded it for a Mesa Lonestar that I thought I had to have but didn't last long. Regretted it almost instantly. :(

PRSCE222.jpg

I have kicked myself over and over for selling my '87 Custom about 7 years ago. Never thought I'd see it again - then it turned up a few days ago at a store.

Sadly, my guitar buying days are over for a while. It will be painful to watch it sell.

Hans said:
I have kicked myself over and over for selling my '87 Custom about 7 years ago. Never thought I'd see it again - then it turned up a few days ago at a store.

Sadly, my guitar buying days are over for a while. It will be painful to watch it sell.

Oh that's just cruel. :(

I regret selling all of the ones I no longer have, actually, but especially...

Artist II, Teal Black. The thing just sang.

NAMM McCarty Rosewood Soapbar, Violin Amber Burst, from a few years back. Another one made of unobtainium.

1992 Custom 24 Cherry Burst, moons, still have nightmares...

At least it was the very last to go after my 1985 ES 335 Dot, 1991 LP Custom Ltd. Colors, and my Boogie DC-5...

Not a good time period, but working my way back ;)

Goldie...

I had PS #1114 for a while. That was a VERY sweet guitar, looked great, and sounded amazing. Just wish the P-90's had a bit less hum and some more picking space...

There was one Custom 24 that I had for a while, violin amber burst, chevron, had a great top on it. I wasn't into tone much when I let that one go...

Hans said:

I got $20 on the "Get Back Hans '87 Fund"... Who's with me? It will probably only take uh, everybody to get this done! :mrgreen:

Hopeful Sinner said:
Hans said:

I got $20 on the "Get Back Hans '87 Fund"... Who's with me? It will probably only take uh, everybody to get this done! :mrgreen:
That's really very kind of you but I'm good. I have more killer guitars than I could have ever hoped for.

I had one from my teen years (late 80's)... it was this amazing gun-metal swirl color from a guitar manufacturer that I hadn't heard of before, but I loved the guitar so much that I kept going back to the store several times a week to play. I couldn't afford it at the time, but when they finally sold it to someone else, they said "Sorry, we sold your guitar the other day."

The way that guitar played just haunted me... I compared every guitar I played after that to the memory of how that guitar played and sounded. Years later, I started playing some other PRS guitars in the store and that familiar feel and sound came back. I bought a 20th Anniversary Standard as my first brand new PRS and have owned several other PRS models over the years.

419028_2932591482368_1488460623_32384511_933242187_n.jpg

I have the above picture because this past St Patricks day, I walked into a tent party, looked across the room and THERE WAS THE GUITAR!

417263_2932591082358_1488460623_32384510_446658943_n.jpg

After the band was done with their set, I talked to the guitar player(Rick), shared my story, and right down to the dates and locations... he said "Yep, that's exactly when and where I bought this guitar. It's been my #1 ever since."

So yes, it's "the one that got away"... but running into it 25 years later, it was nice to see it still in great shape and being used to play live music. :mrgreen:

91 Signature Limited Edition
semi-hollow
scarlet red
california redwood top
gold hardware
Gibby style stop tail
#280/300

Sold it long ago when i was young and broke :( ....I want it back if anyone here has it or knows who has it....................

There are a bunch of guitars in Indiana which I miss!

I trade them with Markie, then he trades them with 11Top..... and then they stay in 11Tops vault!! :roll:

Sometimes they go via Gilky.... but they all end up in Indiana!!

Private Stocks x 4
SC ME
Employee CuRo 24
SCT Rosie

Tim said:
There are a bunch of guitars in Indiana which I miss!

I trade them with Markie, then he trades them with 11Top..... and then they stay in 11Tops vault!! :roll:

Sometimes they go via Gilky.... but they all end up in Indiana!!

Private Stocks x 4
SC ME
Employee CuRo 24
SCT Rosie

I profess my love for Tim Walls. :oops:

PRSFBJMESCMARKIES013.jpg

The girls miss you Timmy!!! :cry:

Back