The one that got away.

nosidamde

Taco Flavored Kisses
I recently had my sights set on a NOS SC250 from Dave's Guitar Shop in Lacrosse, WI. A 2007 Brazilian Limited run model with a satin finish and a great red flamed top. I put off picking that one up and instead purchased a Taylor T5z Custom first, which was dropped off earlier from Fed Ex. Now I see that the SC250 is no longer on Dave's website... here is a picture of it that I took when I was there a couple weeks back.

kDb7KMb.jpg

Is anyone familiar with the name of this color? My original plan was to order a P245 this year but now I'm trying to convince myself that I "need" a red satin finished SC instead. It doesn't appear that PRS offers a satin finish on the P245? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Have you ever had one that got away from you?

Got away??? Hell, that list is 100 times bigger than all the guitars I have ever owned. I purchased my cu24 off of ebay because I wanted one and made up my mind I would get one. This one came up for sale and the thing was beautiful, HAD TO HAVE IT!!! I sat up that night watching the auction and had placed my high bid. As they always do, the auction started to up towards the very end and I was sure it was mine. With ten seconds left a higher bid showed up and I fiddle farted around trying to get my last bid in and the auction ended. I was ticked because I didn't think I got my last bid in time so I went to bed. The next morning I see I had an email saying I won, I was shocked but happy!!!

Got away??? Hell, that list is 100 times bigger than all the guitars I have ever owned. I purchased my cu24 off of ebay because I wanted one and made up my mind I would get one. This one came up for sale and the thing was beautiful, HAD TO HAVE IT!!! I sat up that night watching the auction and had placed my high bid. As they always do, the auction started to up towards the very end and I was sure it was mine. With ten seconds left a higher bid showed up and I fiddle farted around trying to get my last bid in and the auction ended. I was ticked because I didn't think I got my last bid in time so I went to bed. The next morning I see I had an email saying I won, I was shocked but happy!!!

I'm glad you ended up getting it in the end though! :beer:

Oh, that is a stunning guitar!
The entire 408 series got away from me as I want a stoptail option amongst other things. They dropped my spec for 2015.

Lesson for me is now, "if you see it, take it."

First would be an old black SAS I played while waiting for a warranty issue on an amp to be taken care of. Fell in love with it and plays the thing for a solid hour. So clear and punchy, great split sounds, versatile and of course, killer PRS playability. I passed on ot that day and when I went back a month later it was gone. I am still going to buy an SAS someday....whitewash and stoptail would be the one.

Second would be a McCarty Korina Brazilian.

First would be an old black SAS I played while waiting for a warranty issue on an amp to be taken care of. Fell in love with it and plays the thing for a solid hour. So clear and punchy, great split sounds, versatile and of course, killer PRS playability. I passed on ot that day and when I went back a month later it was gone. I am still going to buy an SAS someday....whitewash and stoptail would be the one.

Second would be a McCarty Korina Brazilian.

Dave's Guitar Shop has many NOS McCarty Korina Brazilians still in stock. It's not too late for you to get one! :rock: I still love mine, even though I don't play it as often as my other PRSi.

Dave's Guitar Shop has many NOS McCarty Korina Brazilians still in stock. It's not too late for you to get one! :rock: I still love mine, even though I don't play it as often as my other PRSi.[/QUOTE

Ya, it will be one I grab in the future for sure.I have played a couple and they were both dynamite. Hopefully you can track down a 250. I have a couple OG SC'S and I love 'em.

I had a 2007 or 2008 SC250 with a satin finish that got sold to fund my 513. While I don't regret it, I miss that SC Satin in a big way! It's the ONE that got away for me. I keep my eyes out for an used one, but haven't found many with the satin finish.

Without going PS, there aren't any SInglecuts with satin in the current lineup (and haven't been for a while). I was excited to the satin Waring model, as it gives me hope. :wave:

I had a 2007 or 2008 SC250 with a satin finish that got sold to fund my 513. While I don't regret it, I miss that SC Satin in a big way! It's the ONE that got away for me. I keep my eyes out for an used one, but haven't found many with the satin finish.

Without going PS, there aren't any SInglecuts with satin in the current lineup (and haven't been for a while). I was excited to the satin Waring model, as it gives me hope. :wave:

The satin 250's are a rare bird.....they were only done for a year, weren't they?

Yeah, Dave's has been blowing PRSi out left & right it seems. Feels like a bunch of Brazzy guitars just up and disappeared very quickly.
Got away??? Hell, that list is 100 times bigger than all the guitars I have ever owned.
Ain't that the truth?!

Great news, it's still available! They are moving and updating their PRS inventory online. Even better news is that the price is reduced, as well as all their other 2007 Brazilian models. \m/

Yeah, they need to move some of that stuff... It's an awesome collection but it's getting a bit dated. I had intended on buying mine there but everything is hfs for the most part...

Back