The Official Unofficial MT100 Wish List

andy474x

Knows the Drill
Gotta be getting close to that promised MT100, eh? This is our fantasy thread. Will it have any bearing on the actual amp? Probably not. Will we fantasize anyways? Absolutely. And, you never know, maybe certain someones are interested to see what people want.

I’m hoping for it to be a hybrid of the MT15 tone with some Archon and Custom 50 features. Per channel bright switches, footswitchable effects loop, and if I’m really greedy, an adjustable and footswitchable lead/volume boost like the Custom amps.

I also hope they can keep the way the power section cooks the same when upping the wattage. On many high gain amps, the tone gets mushy and very undefined when the power section starts to saturate. On the MT15, you can hear the extra saturation start to come in, but there’s still punch and articulation, which is rare (and very cool).

Last, a bigger enclosure and more spread out circuit topology would probably help with the hums that have been reported. My MT15 isn’t bad in this regard, just a general thing.

What do y’all want?

Ok, might as well go for it...

My wishlist:
Full midi implementation (PC and CC), with deluxe midi footswitch (ala Invective)
3 channels with fully independent EQ and per channel presence controls (global resonance is fine)
2 MV controls
Accept 6L6/EL34/KT88/6550 combinations
Bright switch per channel is nice, but I don't like lots of mode switches
Switchable boost for channels 2 and 3 with tone and volume controls
2 serial FX loops with level control, one or both switchable
Built in 5 band EQ that is channel selectable
Input gain pot in addition to gain controls for each channel
External bias points
An auto bias feature (like Carol Ann amps) would be unreal
Scaleable power section (like the attenuator pot on some orange amps) would be unreal
Other musts would be line out/headphone out, 4,8,16 ohms taps (unlike some Mesas that lack the 16ohm tap)
Built in reverb would be cool, assignable to any/all channels

That's about all I can think of at the moment. All this could easily put it over 3k too. Oh man would I be psyched!!

Ok, might as well go for it...

My wishlist:
Full midi implementation (PC and CC), with deluxe midi footswitch (ala Invective)
3 channels with fully independent EQ and per channel presence controls (global resonance is fine)
2 MV controls
Accept 6L6/EL34/KT88/6550 combinations
Bright switch per channel is nice, but I don't like lots of mode switches
Switchable boost for channels 2 and 3 with tone and volume controls
2 serial FX loops with level control, one or both switchable
Built in 5 band EQ that is channel selectable
Input gain pot in addition to gain controls for each channel
External bias points
An auto bias feature (like Carol Ann amps) would be unreal
Scaleable power section (like the attenuator pot on some orange amps) would be unreal
Other musts would be line out/headphone out, 4,8,16 ohms taps (unlike some Mesas that lack the 16ohm tap)
Built in reverb would be cool, assignable to any/all channels

That's about all I can think of at the moment. All this could easily put it over 3k too. Oh man would I be psyched!!

It's not clear what you mean here by full MIDI implementation. Since you don't want switches, what exactly would MIDI be controlling other than channel and EQ?

My wishlist would be that it sounds like a good, vintage AC30, only has 30 watts instead of 100, doesn’t have high gain, is single channel, has an EF86 preamp tube, is made in Maryland instead of overseas, comes with NOS tubes, and is called the LS 30.

Hey, I’m not asking for much...;)

My wishlist would be that it sounds like a good, vintage AC30, only has 30 watts instead of 100, doesn’t have high gain, is single channel, has an EF86 preamp tube, is made in Maryland instead of overseas, comes with NOS tubes, and is called the LS 30.

Hey, I’m not asking for much...;)
Oh, so the "MT" you want isn't the "Mark Tremonti" model, you want the "Matchless Tremonti" model!

It's not clear what you mean here by full MIDI implementation. Since you don't want switches, what exactly would MIDI be controlling other than channel and EQ?

I tried to clarify by stating PC and CC. I have encountered a number of amps with midi that can only do PC which is a bit limiting.

Otherwise, my midi wishlist would allow switching of many of the options I listed in addition to channel and EQ, like loop, boost, MV's, bright, reverb, etc.

QppRM9rl.jpg

I know how loud the MT-15 gets. This should be insane.

Yes, I probably will.

Seth also posted that pic on the PRS Guitar Owners Worldwide group on FB. I definitely am stoked to get my hands on the MT100 whenever it comes out. If it's anything like it's little 15W brother, I will gladly sell my Kemper to get it lol.

Yes! Awesome news! I wonder if it will be 3 channels? Tremonti knows his amps and I'm sure it will not disappoint. NAMM 2020?

This will mirror a lot of previously stated, although I'm assuming this is a 2 channel amp

Master volume. Resonance and presence power section options. 2 loops, channel assignable/combinable)
Fixed tube bias like Mesa's with a 6L6/EL34 switch (yeah right)
Variable power section attenuator
Overhaul on clean channel with 2 voicings Fender-esque / Marshall-esque
2 Voicings on lead channel - 1 current 1 vintage, footswitchable with independant gain control
Global foot-switchable boost(Independent of the clean boost) and FX loop controls

I can pass on the reverb and midi

Back