The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Yes, I have several dreams going already!

Some involve the Private Stock Vault and the endless possibilities.

Others are much more simple, like a Singlecut version of this!! (But with my Ivoroid Tuner upgrade, of course!) :)

231668-1_zpsgkcpcvks.jpg

Green Metallic would be fine too, to make for a matching set!

Ahhh... finally a 594 I can drool over. Anyone seen an opaque black one yet?

231668-4.jpg

Okay guys, so I started "The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!" back in February, when the GOM run of 26 of the McCarty 594 came out, and blew us all away. It has been a fun and exciting thread! It went guns blazing as those of us acquired the 26 from the GOM run. It went a bit quiet until the Core model was announced in June, and has exploded since then with all sorts of great Core and Wood Library acquisitions, and lots of appreciation and love for all the great attributes of that awesome PRS model!!

Well, THIS happened last week:

IMG_0043_zpsjbievs75.jpg

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

9d5fe869-c0f9-4f86-9501-dfbecb3a7b1e_zpskbl99euu.jpg

This is a Private Stock Prototype of a Singlecut, with the 594 scale and other various 594 features.

I have no inside information on if and when this will ever become a Core model, for the record. If you guys recall, the 24.5"-scaled 2014 McCarty Singlecut started out as a Prototype, and eventually became an orderable Private Stock model, but never a core model. Whatever the plan or destiny is for this 24.594"-scaled SC, I would bet this is not the last you see of it. :)

So given the fact that many people will like to talk about a 594-scaled SC and not the Doublecut, for instance those of you who think a three way toggle on the upper horn is a complete travesty (you know who you are!!), let's start a thread here about this "Model" and see where Paul and Team take us on this topic! ;)

My apologies for the redundancy of this post here today with the NGD thread from Friday and over the weekend, but an NGD thread is "one-and-done", and this thread should live on as a fun and informative guide for those interested to consume - the McCarty 594 thread is 49 pages (and 974 posts) as of this posting, just since February of this year!

More pics of this beauty:

IMG_0047_zpsw3jya6nj.jpg

IMG_0050_zpstq4icuyo.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsynwisg8u.jpg

Awesome "Blade Knots" and a gorgeous Brazilian Board!!
fef31a00-f60b-4281-bae5-728ea34f15e2_zps4nyctk5x.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsogmbyyxq.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsusbgekph.jpg

Killer Headstock Veneer - Matches the board great, love how the grain is intentionally at an angle:
IMG_0034_zps2sntj5vb.jpg

BTW, it is THICK! Thicker than a traditional SC, at least as thick as the McCarty Singlecut, which was thicker than the SC 245's and SC 58's. Makes for major tone mojo! ;) (I dig the out of focus McCarty 594 lurking in the background, feeling so skinny...)
IMG_0073_zpsaqalmrh4.jpg

The McCarty Singlecut did not have a "belly cut", it was flat on the back. This is thicker but has the Belly Cut, I like it just like this, AWESOME!

IMG_0038_zpsiks2yvgr.jpg

One rule I will set for this thread here to show respect for Paul and for PRS, for myself at least, if others choose to follow, that is great, if not, that is fine too. There is a guitar model I will refer to as a "Classic Singlecut" that is named after a famous and deceased guitarist. I am going to chose to not call out that guitar but name, because this guitar is so great in its own right, that I don't think any other Singlecut model needs to be directly called out. This one is "inspired by", not a copy. And this particular example happens to be better for me than any Classic Singlecut I have ever played! ;)

Thank you, Paul and Team!!

More to follow here, and everyone feel free to chime in on your thoughts of this as a potential PRS Guitar...
Damn, Pete, what a guitar! But if you recall, I was at PRS with you when you spec'd your very personal anniversary PS guitar ...

While I'm sure this one is off-the-charts great, surely it still doesn't surpass that PS ... does it?? :rolleyes:

Damn, Pete, what a guitar! But if you recall, I was at PRS with you when you spec'd your very personal anniversary PS guitar ...

While I'm sure this one is off-the-charts great, surely it still doesn't surpass that PS ... does it?? :rolleyes:

Hey there, AaeCee! That was an epic day and evening we had in April of 2012, at PRS and at Paul's studio afterwards.

This one does indeed surpass that 2012 creation, for me. The very best of my many 245 scaled guitars were that Jade Glow creation spec'ed that day in 2012, and the Orange/Citrus Glow Singlecut McCarty I spec'ed in 2014.

DSC00091_zpsu0tcogtp.jpg

215102-1.jpg

Those were amazing guitars! The 594 scale in and of itself is a key part of it for me, I love that, so for me it is sort of comparing Apples and Oranges, and not really a fair fight for the 245's.

The SC 594 Prototype is for me the very best sounding and playing PRS I have played, for my tastes. Also it is not rough on the eyes at all. ;)

My McCarty 594's are all great, and I have some more 594's being built for me now, so this is a really special time for me in my ongoing experience of enjoying my guitar playing and my continually evolving and improving collection! :)

So I still don't know the name of this finish. There is a spec sheet and letter in the mail from PRS, hopefully that answers that question.

Just saw this guitar on the Willcutt's site, "Faded McCarty Glow":

228902-1.jpg

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

I bet that is the finish!! ;)

Whatever it's called, I love it!!

Ahhh... finally a 594 I can drool over. Anyone seen an opaque black one yet?

231668-4.jpg

Anyone know who bought this one? Ive been looking for a goldtop 594 since the core model came out. I found it the other day at Willcutt site but only via cache. Anger. LOL

So I still don't know the name of this finish. There is a spec sheet and letter in the mail from PRS, hopefully that answers that question.

Just saw this guitar on the Willcutt's site, "Faded McCarty Glow":

228902-1.jpg

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

I bet that is the finish!! ;)

Whatever it's called, I love it!!
How can you not? It's a McCarty finish = AWESOME :)

Just to let everyone know, there are a couple of us that live/work close to Wilcutt Guitars, in Lexington, Ky. About 10 mintues from my location. If you need someone to go over and get all touchy/feely with something you're interested in, shoot me a PM.

Man, as someone who is looking at the CE24 satin price range and getting my first PRS, I would absolutely love a SC594. Judging from your letter it sounds like a future Private Stock. Does this mean it could potentially become a core production model at some point? Waiting for months has been hard enough for a new guitar, I couldn't imagine postponing a purchase for another year or so.

Man, as someone who is looking at the CE24 satin price range and getting my first PRS, I would absolutely love a SC594. Judging from your letter it sounds like a future Private Stock. Does this mean it could potentially become a core production model at some point? Waiting for months has been hard enough for a new guitar, I couldn't imagine postponing a purchase for another year or so.

A year? Winter NAMM is right around the corner. Save your pennies! :)

Maybe? Don't you mean "incoming"?

Ha! Incoming, yes of course, I do have 3 McCarty 594's on order, one that should be in by the end of the year (ordered March 1) in Citrus (Orange) Glow, and two for next year, also in Vintage finishes but none right now in Faded McCarty Glow...

;)

Just to let everyone know, there are a couple of us that live/work close to Wilcutt Guitars, in Lexington, Ky. About 10 mintues from my location. If you need someone to go over and get all touchy/feely with something you're interested in, shoot me a PM.

I lived in Lexington all of my life, until 10 years ago when I moved to Texas. Many years ago I lived in a duplex a parking lot away from Willcutt's, long before they had the annex building. Eric has been there a long time!

Now in Texas, I've got two great guitar shows and Guitar Maverick, Guitar Sanctuary, Guitar Center, and Sam Ash all in driving distance (I'm pretty far from Guitar Sanctuary now though).

Back