The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

I have one of these in a DC. What a finish it's definitely my new favourite. I'm so tempted to trade in a couple of guitars to buy a SC version. I love the sound of the 594's the coils taps are excellent. I think they sound better then my other McCarthy SC which has 57/08's in and those have tap's on those a well.

Does the one in the picture above have a matching maple neck?

I have one of these in a DC. What a finish it's definitely my new favourite. I'm so tempted to trade in a couple of guitars to buy a SC version. I love the sound of the 594's the coils taps are excellent. I think they sound better then my other McCarthy SC which has 57/08's in and those have tap's on those a well.

Does the one in the picture above have a matching maple neck?

That finish is Called burnt Maple, But it looks very identical to the cherry charcoal.
No that's the bottom of the line core model.$3600. Maple neck comes in the artist package which is about another thousand dollars.
So it has the Mahogany neck,
they literally had it posted 3 days and it sold.
its already gone.
I was actually going to buy it and it's gone.:(

Ok guys, I've been giving it some serious thought and have decided to trade in a guitar or possibly two to fund a SC 594. I have a DC already in a charcoal cherry burst finish which is a wood library one with the maple neck. I just can't resist anymore lol. What finish do you think I should get? I was thinking maybe gold top or blood orange but then I'll probably end up seeing what turns up here in the UK in the next month or so.

I was interested to see what finishes have turned up to dealers so far in the US?

Cheers

Paul

Ok guys, I've been giving it some serious thought and have decided to trade in a guitar or possibly two to fund a SC 594. I have a DC already in a charcoal cherry burst finish which is a wood library one with the maple neck. I just can't resist anymore lol. What finish do you think I should get? I was thinking maybe gold top or blood orange but then I'll probably end up seeing what turns up here in the UK in the next month or so.

I was interested to see what finishes have turned up to dealers so far in the US?

I'm very partial to the quilt tops these days, and I don't like the painted black bodies.
I want to see all that beautiful woodgrain.

There are quite a few options for DC here, quilt tops, Maple neck's, rosewood neck's. wood library runs. Just log into the United States eBay.

The single cuts have very few options so far, just a few 10 tops.

I became the proud owner of an new Black Gold Burst SC-594 finish a few weeks ago, through Sweetwater. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Black Gold Burst finish!!!!! It is such a cool, unusual finish that it really stands out. For those who don't like a black back, well, I understand. But, honestly, I'm not so sure it is solid black on the sides and back. It looks more like the dark burst stain from the front, wrapped around to the back. My wife I both believe we can see a hint of the red mahogany through the black. Regardless, the flame on the front really pops.

This is my first foray in owning a PRS and it looks like I picked an excellent way to take the plunge. The SC 594 is an incredible guitar in a personal stable that includes two Gibson Les Pauls, a USA-made Tele and USA Strat, a Martin D-35 and an Epiphone 339. The quality and attention to detail on this PRS exceeds any of the above. It is an incredible guitar and super versatile.

Of course, whichever finish you run with will not have any effect on tone, so .... go with what pleases your eye the most.

I became the proud owner of an new Black Gold Burst SC-594 finish a few weeks ago, through Sweetwater. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Black Gold Burst finish!!!!! It is such a cool, unusual finish that it really stands out. For those who don't like a black back, well, I understand. But, honestly, I'm not so sure it is solid black on the sides and back. It looks more like the dark burst stain from the front, wrapped around to the back. My wife I both believe we can see a hint of the red mahogany through the black. Regardless, the flame on the front really pops.

This is my first foray in owning a PRS and it looks like I picked an excellent way to take the plunge. The SC 594 is an incredible guitar in a personal stable that includes two Gibson Les Pauls, a USA-made Tele and USA Strat, a Martin D-35 and an Epiphone 339. The quality and attention to detail on this PRS exceeds any of the above. It is an incredible guitar and super versatile.

Of course, whichever finish you run with will not have any effect on tone, so .... go with what pleases your eye the most.
Congrats and welcome!

Do you have pics of this beast?

Pics! I love black gold burst!

Wow for sure.:cool:
The flames are so perfect so symmetrical and balanced, great spacing for eye catching interest. sometimes they are too tight too many lines per inch That is perfection
Also the brightness of gold is at a good leve,l sometimes the black gold can be a bit dark and the black creeps in too far into the center.. EXCELLENT. lucky.
Tone is mind blowing?.:eek:

Congrats that is gorgeous
But I wish they expose the natural binding with this color on production model.

I really enjoy PRS's groundbreaking colors and stains so I've always wanted one of the unique colors, even though I appreciate the McCarty type Sunburst and the black gold.
I was always blown away by the beach fade and the Al Di Meola rainbow. So I need some opinions
I find this particular one unique and attractive,I do like it, I also love the completely exposed back grain.
but I'm afraid someone will laugh at me:confused:. Is it too unique?:eek:
I wish the flame was a little bit higher contrast.
Should I wait another month see what other colors start appearing?:(

BjO3GKo.jpg

QUpBAot.jpg

be honest and gentle.

^^^^^^^^^^
Gorgeous color! If you like it, go for it! What do you need our opinions for?!!!!!

When you want something really really badly you rationalize that it looks good when it really doesn't look good.
It's a double check. Aqua and purple are very dramatic.
I'm just trying to make sure that at least half of the people think it looks cool, there's obviously some guitars everybody thinks look fantastic, Like a faded whale quilt top. I do consider myself delusional on occasion.

When you want something really really badly you rationalize that it looks good when it really doesn't look good.
It's a double check. Aqua and purple are very dramatic.
I'm just trying to make sure that at least half of the people think it looks cool, there's obviously some guitars everybody thinks look fantastic, Like a faded whale quilt top. I do consider myself delusional on occasion.

You'd better do it, cuz I almost bought this one over the weekend!

Congrats that is gorgeous
But I wish they expose the natural binding with this color on production model.
You know, I had a blue-burst Carvin in a similar body style that had the natural body binding. It looked good but I think a white binding, like the neck would have been better on that guitar. As far as on this one, well, I think the continuous flow of the color from the top to the sides without any visible binding works exceptionally well. I wouldn't change a thing even if I could.

I really enjoy PRS's groundbreaking colors and stains so I've always wanted one of the unique colors, even though I appreciate the McCarty type Sunburst and the black gold.
I was always blown away by the beach fade and the Al Di Meola rainbow. So I need some opinions
I find this particular one unique and attractive,I do like it, I also love the completely exposed back grain.

BjO3GKo.jpg

QUpBAot.jpg

be honest and gentle.
Quick question: I struggled to post my photos of the black gold burst SC-594 and they show all that Photobucket link writing above them. Hiw'd you pist these? Apparently I am missing something. .......

Now, as far as opinions, it really does come down to personal preference. I would not want to spend the kind of money these cost based solely on someone else's opinion. If this speaks to YOU, go for it. But since you asked, I like the top, but think either a darker mahogany back or a darker stain (even black) on the back against that blue top would work better. However, none if that us going to affect how it plays, feels or sound, will it? In the end, go with your gut and heart.

Wow for sure.:cool:
The flames are so perfect so symmetrical and balanced, great spacing for eye catching interest. sometimes they are too tight too many lines per inch That is perfection
Also the brightness of gold is at a good leve,l sometimes the black gold can be a bit dark and the black creeps in too far into the center.. EXCELLENT. lucky.
Tone is mind blowing?.:eek:
The whole dang guitar is mind-blowing! BTW, looks aside, I love the neck profile and the 10 radius fretboard. The pickups sound great, especially split. There is a lot to love about this guitar besides the pretty wrapper.

Quick question: I struggled to post my photos of the black gold burst SC-594 and they show all that Photobucket link writing above them. Hiw'd you pist these? Apparently I am missing something. .......

Now, as far as opinions, it really does come down to personal preference. I would not want to spend the kind of money these cost based solely on someone else's opinion. If this speaks to YOU, go for it. But since you asked, I like the top, but think either a darker mahogany back or a darker stain (even black) on the back against that blue top would work better. However, none if that us going to affect how it plays, feels or sound, will it? In the end, go with your gut and heart.

I always just copy from PB and paste in the thread. I've never used the buttons on the tool bar.

BjO3GKo.jpg

QUpBAot.jpg

be honest and gentle.

I saw this one and thought it looked really cool! I haven't seen any Wood Library ones which should be showing up soon I would imagine. It took about 6 months before the 594 Wood Library ones showed up. If you aren't in love with this color or any one out there yet, you may want to wait another month or 2 and see what the dealers do with the Wood Libraries.

Back