The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/mccarty_singlecut_594_2017

This thread is about to get busier!

singlecut_594_2017_straight1.jpg

That is the a great addition that makes me drool even more
hope they make a trem version for the DC 594 too.

Awesome that they announced this guitar today!!

I have had my Private Stock Prototype for other a month now, and it is still my favorite guitar I have ever owned.

I love the Doublecut McCarty 594 as well, to me they are really a matched set of 2 versions of my favorite guitar.

IMG_0101%202_zpshtcqdqj7.jpg

I couldn't imagine not having at least one of each. I don't think I will have to worry about that for the foreseeable future! :)

(The Green one is headed to another Forum member here soon, but I still have my beloved Faded Red Private Stock DC 594, a couple of Core and WL ones, a few Private Stocks in the oven, and a Wood Library DC 245 incoming!)

I love these 2 guitar models more than anything in the history of my guitar playing an collecting, these are the destination to my long journey! Having great fun with these...

Mr. MA Pete.....

You were SO right, on SO many levels.

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/fridays-are-awesome-ncold.20567/

Thank you for showing me the way. This is, hands down, the most exceptional guitar I've ever touched.

My Black Gold Wrap DC 594 will join this one in a couple months...but I'm certain this puppy will keep me occupied until then!

:-D

Mr. MA Pete.....

You were SO right, on SO many levels.

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/fridays-are-awesome-ncold.20567/

Thank you for showing me the way. This is, hands down, the most exceptional guitar I've ever touched.

My Black Gold Wrap DC 594 will join this one in a couple months...but I'm certain this puppy will keep me occupied until then!

:-D

Awesome, congrats Drawshot!!

So great to see one showing up in the wild out there. I think this is going to be a wildly successful model for PRS...

Awesome, congrats Drawshot!!

So great to see one showing up in the wild out there. I think this is going to be a wildly successful model for PRS...

I agree. This has every 'plus' a Singlecut lover could hope for.

Absolutely effortless to play...and solid as a rock in every way.

In all honesty, I hold your insights and opinions in high regard, and when I saw this one, I was morally obligated to bring it home.

Every positive comment you offered about your experiences with yours was spot-on identical to what I experienced with this one.

I agree. This has every 'plus' a Singlecut lover could hope for.

Absolutely effortless to play...and solid as a rock in every way.

In all honesty, I hold your insights and opinions in high regard, and when I saw this one, I was morally obligated to bring it home.

Every positive comment you offered about your experiences with yours was spot-on identical to what I experienced with this one.

Thanks, drawshot, for the kind words! That was really cool to read.

I am glad to hear you shared a very similar experience with yours! I think PRS is really knocking the cover off the ball with both the DC and SC 594's.

Updating the above pic with a couple of changes...

IMG_0202_zps1nzbp8rl.jpg

;)

This is probably the best place for me to get aquainted with some PRS-Mc-SC enthusiasts, as I am a newbie to this forum. I have just purchased a November McCarty 594 PS... This is my first purchase with PRS guitars, and my first "new" purchase since 2004 (Fender 60th Anniversary MIM Strat). Before that it was a 1980 (Gibby L6S Deluxe Rock Maple Body/Neck). I paid around the same price for both of these instruments in a 24 year-span. That being said, it just seemed that I would not be the same If this November PS McCarty 594 SC did not come home to papa. So, after some critical thinking, a "pro" and "con" list-and some ridiculously-legit obsession, I made a conscious decision (after a dream, of course) to go fourth with my outrageous purchase.

So, if I had purchased a new $700.00 guitar every year for the last 20 years, I would have spent close to the same amount as my Nov. 2016 G.O.M.
Perhaps this purchase will be my "midlife" purchase... "Or, was it that 2015 Road Glide Special I bought last year?"

~ "At 55 years old, who cares?" ~

*** Did I mention that I, too have a 20 year anniversary in November? Well, I do. It's the most precious one, too!
*** I wanted to add something to my studio to create a different vibe with.
*** This beautiful, and most meaningful purchase may be just what I need to let go of some of the dozen guitars that I possess. But only the ones I haven't named yet-I think I will still end up with at least-too many....

"Happy Festivus" To All

J.

This is probably the best place for me to get aquainted with some PRS-Mc-SC enthusiasts, as I am a newbie to this forum. I have just purchased a November McCarty 594 PS... This is my first purchase with PRS guitars, and my first "new" purchase since 2004 (Fender 60th Anniversary MIM Strat). Before that it was a 1980 (Gibby L6S Deluxe Rock Maple Body/Neck). I paid around the same price for both of these instruments in a 24 year-span. That being said, it just seemed that I would not be the same If this November PS McCarty 594 SC did not come home to papa. So, after some critical thinking, a "pro" and "con" list-and some ridiculously-legit obsession, I made a conscious decision (after a dream, of course) to go fourth with my outrageous purchase.

So, if I had purchased a new $700.00 guitar every year for the last 20 years, I would have spent close to the same amount as my Nov. 2016 G.O.M.
Perhaps this purchase will be my "midlife" purchase... "Or, was it that 2015 Road Glide Special I bought last year?"

~ "At 55 years old, who cares?" ~

*** Did I mention that I, too have a 20 year anniversary in November? Well, I do. It's the most precious one, too!
*** I wanted to add something to my studio to create a different vibe with.
*** This beautiful, and most meaningful purchase may be just what I need to let go of some of the dozen guitars that I possess. But only the ones I haven't named yet-I think I will still end up with at least-too many....

"Happy Festivus" To All

J.

Awesome, congrats!!

Thanks for sharing you story, it is a cool one. I can definitely relate to it!

Are these Core production models, or special custom Private stock or one-offs? I wasn't clear the SC594 had become a production model?
Share pics please!

Looks like Core SC 594's are starting to show up at dealers this week. I have seen two so far. Exciting times!! :)

That is killer!! Love that top and finish. I would be all over that in a nanosecond if I didn't already have my SC 594 Prototype in Faded McCarty Glow. (And yet even still I am tempted!!)

I am very excited for this model!! The Core ones are great, and I can't wait to see what the dealers come up with for Wood Library finishes and specs! :)

Nice to see another SC594 out in the wild! Beautiful guitar, congrats! Can't wait to see a faded whale blue.

Back