The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Congrats, dkilpatrick! Killer WL SC 594! That pic of the SC and DC 594 together is awesome. The 594's are so awesome, having both a DC and an SC is really cool, that is "Elite Status" in the 594 Club! ;)

I'm honored.

They are both different enough that I don't think there's too much overlap.

These two can cover a lot of ground

Unexpected consequences... PRS releases a model that is so freekin' awesome that I find myself putting up for sale freekin' awesome guitars that I already own in an effort to get one. I never saw that one coming. But I would like to get a McCarty 594 Singlecut to go along with the doublecut I already have.

(Check the Washington DC area CL in case you are looking for a Jade Holcomb model. :p )

We are entering an interesting and exciting time for the SC 594's. Wood Library guitars are showing up at multiple dealers now! It seemed like there weren't that many Core SC 594's there in dealers from the launch until just recently. (It has also been pointed out that I have been hogging a good share of them before others have had a chance to see them - perhaps I am guilty of that, apologies! ;))

Also we have seen some amazing Private Stocks show up at dealers as well. I snagged that killer Tiger Eye SC 594 Semi-Hollow from JD at Guitar Maverick, it is amazing! And I am sure that there are many more awesome Private Stocks "in the oven" and on the way to dealers soon. (Gulp!)

I am really digging my SC 594's, I am still a little bit amazed that they turned me from a Doublecut guy into a Singlecut guy, I didn't see that one coming at all! :)

I snagged a set of "Unobtainium" 5310 pickups from Japan, and threw those in the Goldtop SC 594 this week. Holy cow, awesome! I had some 5310's back in the day in a Quatro, and at the time I don't remember loving them. But this set, in the SC 594 - GREAT match! Hotter than the LT's, but not too hot, still very vintage. I need more time with them for a full report. My initial impression is they are a little less "clear" than the 5815, less clear in a good way as in a little thicker, perhaps more true to that "Classic Singlecut" sound in our heads.

Nice to be able to mix up the tones in subtle ways with multiple SC 594's with different pickups - a darn good excuse to yourself for owning more than one! ;) I think I need a couple with 5815 LT's, and others with "regular" 5815's, 5310's, 5708's and P-90's. Makes sense to me! :)

So you're the one who bought the unobtainiums. First all the SC594s and now the 53/10s.
I hesitated.:( Good score for you!

So you're the one who bought the unobtainiums. First all the SC594s and now the 53/10s.
I hesitated.:( Good score for you!

Ha! In my defense on the 5310's, they had one more set after the ones I bought.

If I would have known they sounded so great, I would have bought BOTH sets!! ;)

Is it me or the new knob lay-out, but did they change the shape of the body? Please tell me no!

Hey Rick!

Something definitely looks different to me. The knob layout is definitely a part of it. I am surprised how much the knob layout is part of what "seems so right" about the SC 594.

Here is my old McCarty Singlecut PS (available at Willcutt Guitars!), and an SC 594:

215102-1.jpg

PRS%20Wood%20Library%20SC594-237400-1.jpg

I don't think they changed the shape, but the knobs give it a different look for sure.

They may have changed the top carve and/or the thickness of the top and the Maple/Mahogany ratio. The body is definitely thicker than the older SC 245's, and maybe even the McCarty Singlecuts (which was thicker than an SC 245). I haven't had two to compare in person yet.

So I have been accused (and probably rightfully so!) of hogging all the good SC 594's and buying them before they hit the dealer websites, depriving the rest of you of the opportunity to get these great guitars!

I declare those days to be officially over. First, several dealers are now getting some great Wood Library Guitars in now. Second, I am moving on to the next phase of my obsessing and collecting of my favorite guitar model ever, evolving my collection to more so Private Stock examples of this magnificent guitar! ;)

So have at it, guys! I promise not to be a "Singlecut 594 Hog" anymore! (Well, unless the guitar in question is a Singlecut 594 Private Stock - then all bets are off!!)

Stay tuned for a couple of "N5D's" coming soon from me... :)

Hey Rick!

Something definitely looks different to me. The knob layout is definitely a part of it. I am surprised how much the knob layout is part of what "seems so right" about the SC 594.

Here is my old McCarty Singlecut PS (available at Willcutt Guitars!), and an SC 594:

215102-1.jpg

PRS%20Wood%20Library%20SC594-237400-1.jpg

I don't think they changed the shape, but the knobs give it a different look for sure.

They may have changed the top carve and/or the thickness of the top and the Maple/Mahogany ratio. The body is definitely thicker than the older SC 245's, and maybe even the McCarty Singlecuts (which was thicker than an SC 245). I haven't had two to compare in person yet.

You're making me fall in love with the dark Cherry burst
Congrats on this stunning addition

You're making me fall in love with the dark Cherry burst
Congrats on this stunning addition

Not a new addition (that Dark Cherry Sunburst one), just one in inventory at Willcutt's. It is beauty!!

The Orange Glow SC 245 was something I had built in the late 2013 timeframe, gone now, also at Willcutt's for sale. I have an SC 594 in the oven now in the same finish targeted to replace in my collection (and in my heart!).

I was just using those two pics to answer Rick's question on if they changed the body shape...

Oh I remember the Orange Glow very well, somehow the Dark Cherry slipped my mind
Can't wait for the new addition

Sooooo, I've had this guitar for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Still feeling my way around it and playing with the pickups & tone controls. I really dig the sounds this guitar kicks out, especially through the combo amp.

This is the heaviest guitar I've played & I'm still getting used to the balance but started using a strap and that has helped. Love the feel of the neck though. This is without a doubt the best guitar I have ever played. Zero buyer's remorse from me & every time I play her I get the biggest grin & warmest feeling.

i-brfFv7L-X4.jpg

Awesome congrats!! I can't wait to see what it is.

One of Brian's correct?

Here are a few dealer pics from Brian...it'll be a couple days before I can take some myself (maybe another group photo shoot) Great addition to my 3 DC 594s (2 PS and another Brian's WL)...bit of a different vibe..."ballsier" seems the right word, especially with that bridge 59/09 wide open.
(Look away Sergio....)

E76D7DE4-315E-4217-BC00-F9724A06C6B6_zpsbsogqpyu.jpg

325AB3E9-E20A-49DC-9B69-A4A4440BA081_zpsf8sndmlt.jpg

B3708A9E-A5B2-4E80-BE90-BB5181B4090C_zpsybgwsmkc.jpg

Back