The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

The Gold Hardware kit does not come with the Pickup gold pole pieces. I am sure you can easily get those from any parts place. These might work from AllParts:

https://www.allparts.com/GS-5453-002-Pack-of-6-Gold-Humbucker-Pole-Piece-Screws_p_1890.html

For clarity re the Hybrid Hardware, 2017 594's with 10 Top's seem to be coming with Hybrid Hardware as standard, that seems to be new for 2017 594's. It seems that Wood Library 594's spec'ed in 2016 and built in 2017 are not by default coming with Hybrid Hardware.

Thanks re the complement on my PS SC 594 Prototype! I love it. The color is "Faded McCarty Glow".

Thanks Pete,

I got an email back from the guys at PRS yesterday and they've given me a couple of websites to look at to get the pole pieces from. All Parts was one of them and also another one in the UK called www.wdmusic.co.uk. Very helpful and I ordered them yesterday. Just gotta order the gold hardware kit and I think I'll go with the white tuner buttons as the gold I can't get my hands on unless I buy a set of machinehead and I didn't really feel the need to spend that much on them.

I'll post another pic when I've put the hardware on. Are the pole pieces easy to swap out? Do I need to do it a certain way?

Thanks again

Paul

Thanks Pete,

I got an email back from the guys at PRS yesterday and they've given me a couple of websites to look at to get the pole pieces from. All Parts was one of them and also another one in the UK called www.wdmusic.co.uk. Very helpful and I ordered them yesterday. Just gotta order the gold hardware kit and I think I'll go with the white tuner buttons as the gold I can't get my hands on unless I buy a set of machinehead and I didn't really feel the need to spend that much on them.

I'll post another pic when I've put the hardware on. Are the pole pieces easy to swap out? Do I need to do it a certain way?

Thanks again

Paul

I haven't tried a pickup pole piece change yet. If I did, I would likely have my tech do it. ;)

Yankeebulldog here (a local friend) said you need to be careful not to scratch the pickup cover...

Are the pole pieces easy to swap out? Do I need to do it a certain way?

It's simple in theory. Just turn them anti-clockwise with a flat head screwdriver until they come out and then screw the gold ones back in their place. As Pete said, if you're not careful the driver can slip and scratch the cover (been there, done that). So take your time and maybe put some painter's tape over the covers for good measure.

Personally, I'd like to know if you encounter any wax. I've been speculating whether or not they're wax potted, but curiosity hasn't gotten enough hold on me to check for myself. If the pickups are potted, the screws will come out with wax residue on them. Nothing to worry about, but it may make them a little stiffer to unscrew.

It's simple in theory. Just turn them anti-clockwise with a flat head screwdriver until they come out and then screw the gold ones back in their place. As Pete said, if you're not careful the driver can slip and scratch the cover (been there, done that). So take your time and maybe put some painter's tape over the covers for good measure.

Personally, I'd like to know if you encounter any wax. I've been speculating whether or not they're wax potted, but curiosity hasn't gotten enough hold on me to check for myself. If the pickups are potted, the screws will come out with wax residue on them. Nothing to worry about, but it may make them a little stiffer to unscrew.

Thanks for the advice, sounds easy enough. I'll give it go when the screws turn up. I was planning on putting something on the pickups just in case that did happen. I'll report back if I find any wax.

Hi guys,

I've fitted the gold pickup pole pieces. Pretty easy really! As for the wax inside there was a very tiny bit on the some of the screw heads that had dried. Hardly any though if I'm honest. Just waiting for some other bits to turn up and I'll post another pic once I've fitted them.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've fitted the gold pickup pole pieces. Pretty easy really! As for the wax inside there was a very tiny bit on the some of the screw heads that had dried. Hardly any though if I'm honest. Just waiting for some other bits to turn up and I'll post another pic once I've fitted them.

Paul:

Thanks for letting us know! That actually helps a lot to know that it is so simple, I have in the past not changed pickups in some of my Private Stocks because I didn't want to spoil that "Hybrid Hardware" look.

I have a set of 5310's I have been dying to try in an SC 594, I may try that with those! ;)

(I love the 5815 LT's, but part of the fun for me of having multiple of the same model is trying and comparing pickups in them...)

-Pete

P.S. The dealer that you bought yours from did a Facebook live yesterday with a demo of the other SC 594 like yours with the Maple Neck. It sounded GREAT! Gorgeous too. LOL, I was tempted. But I have too many other things going on already with other SC 594's in the works, trying to resist...

Hi guys,

Cool, thanks. So sounds like they are lightly wax potted then.

Paul:

Thanks for letting us know! That actually helps a lot to know that it is so simple, I have in the past not changed pickups in some of my Private Stocks because I didn't want to spoil that "Hybrid Hardware" look.

I have a set of 5310's I have been dying to try in an SC 594, I may try that with those! ;)

(I love the 5815 LT's, but part of the fun for me of having multiple of the same model is trying and comparing pickups in them...)

-Pete

P.S. The dealer that you bought yours from did a Facebook live yesterday with a demo of the other SC 594 like yours with the Maple Neck. It sounded GREAT! Gorgeous too. LOL, I was tempted. But I have too many other things going on already with other SC 594's in the works, trying to resist...

No worries at all, I'm tempted to swap them out on my DC now as well but I'm not sure it will suit it. I've added the pole pieces and some of the gold hardware. All I can say is wow what a difference. The gold definitely brings out the McCarty burst finish a little more I think. Just got the white tuner buttons to add and I'll post another pic.

I saw that vid yesterday too Pete. They've got my Blood Orange up for sale as well. I'm seriously thinking of buying that back off them it's such a great guitar. Like you though I have too much going on at the moment but I can't resist lol.

My Faded Vintage Yellow Willcutt Guitars WL 594, basking in the sun! Great vintage looking top, really matches the finish and the vibe of the 594, IMO. Eric said he very purposefully picked some vintage looking tops for this finish. A great result! I must say, this one is my favorite WL/Core PRS I have owned, it plays and sounds fantastic! (Gives my Private Stock 594's a run for their money, with regards to playing time!) ;)

IMG_0904_zpsnxtoxn1h.jpg

IMG_0905_zpsja5y8fpd.jpg

Here is the top not lit up by the sun, in comparison, at an angle when the flame becomes very subtle.

Classic look!

IMG_0726_zpshkhhpmj3.jpg

That looks stunning Pete, what a top! I reckon some gold hardware would look pretty nice with that top and some gold pickup pole pieces lol. I've finished adding the hardware to my McCarthy burst. I'll add a pic later when I get in from work. I'm really pleased with it, looks great.

Love that faded yellow, Pete. I think my CU24 30th PS is also that color (or pretty close, anyway).

That looks stunning Pete, what a top! I reckon some gold hardware would look pretty nice with that top and some gold pickup pole pieces lol. I've finished adding the hardware to my McCarthy burst. I'll add a pic later when I get in from work. I'm really pleased with it, looks great.

Love that faded yellow, Pete. I think my CU24 30th PS is also that color (or pretty close, anyway).

Thanks, guys!!

Les - Yes, looks a lot like your awesome 30th Anniversary PS Custom 24! I have always liked Vintage Yellow, dig the contrast of the Yellow with the Cherry Back.

This Vintage Yellow is called "Faded Vintage Yellow", and the back is not as bright of a Cherry/Red as it sometimes can be, it is more of a Faded Cherry with some slight orange and/or brown tones in it, a great vintage look IMO!

IMG_0725_zpswogozfo8.jpg

That reminds me, here's some updated pics with the gold hardware and white tuner buttons added to my McCarthy burst. What do you guys think?
McCarty. McCarty. No "h". McCarty.

Sorry, not really even a pet peeve, just want to give the man the props he deserves, and not reference that jerk that black-listed half of America, especially artists.

McCarty. McCarty. No "h". McCarty.

Sorry, not really even a pet peeve, just want to give the man the props he deserves, and not reference that jerk that black-listed half of America, especially artists.

Sorry my fault. Must be the spell check on my Mac. That's my excuse anyway lol

Back