The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Ordered a midnight rose with rosewood board today. Got a great deal and couldn’t pass it up. Supposed to be here Thursday.
So. Incredibly. Disappointed.

Received the Silver Sky today and has a nice big finish crack at the neck pocket. This one was made a month ago and might be ok for someone else to look past but I can’t on a guitar this expensive. Setting up a return.

Received the Silver Sky today and has a nice big finish crack at the neck pocket. This one was made a month ago and might be ok for someone else to look past but I can’t on a guitar this expensive. Setting up a return.
No! Sorry to hear that. Wondering if the nitro finish mixed with a tight neck pocket had anything to do with it.

You can also contact PRS customer service and PRS PTC to see what they can do if the guitar plays incredibly well.

Sorry to hear that though! That would be a gut shot!

No! Sorry to hear that. Wondering if the nitro finish mixed with a tight neck pocket had anything to do with it.
Possibly. So disappointed! I have to wait until the guitar is back with the store before I can purchase another one. I’m sure it will be a week or so more. I’ve held a few Silver Sky’s and haven’t seen a finish crack yet but I know it can happen. I’ll probably go with whatever color they get in stock!

Possibly. So disappointed! I have to wait until the guitar is back with the store before I can purchase another one. I’m sure it will be a week or so more. I’ve held a few Silver Sky’s and haven’t seen a finish crack yet but I know it can happen. I’ll probably go with whatever color they get in stock!
I have the option to get either a polar blue with maple, Orion green with maple, a roxy pink, or……wait for NAMM. I am torn now lol.

I'm just going to leave this here...

6e274441abc30115132a1cb831bcfbf5.jpg

My white silver sky (5 months old) changes color where I rest my arm. Cant seem to get it off, is this permanent ? I try to wipe it off as much as i can, no idea how this happened so fast.

Any product i could use? For now i just tried water.

Well folks said they wanted nitro finishes.
I use maguires auto products , Scratch remover and Clearcoat polishing compound will usually clean up anything.
There are also several guitar finish cleaners
Thanks, ordered some virtuoso (cleaner and polish) lets see if it works!

Back