The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Nice playing. Question - the 64 seems REALLY slinky. What gauge are you using? Also, what's up with the black dots by the knobs on your SS? Did you change out the pick guard or what?

looks like the same pickguard but covered the holes and made 2 new ones?

Hi all.

I'm fairly new here but have a question I hope you good people can help with.

I'm hopefully going to be buying a Silver Sky in a few short weeks, but will probably have to buy blind from an online retailer as the only music store near me doesn't stock Silver Sky models. (I asked why, because they are a PRS dealer and stock other high end models and apparently they don't sell... Well how can they if you don't stock them?? ‍♂️♂️)

I've narrowed by choice down to one of 3 finishes, Dodgem Blue, Midnight Rose or Moc Sand.

Midnight Rose I'm fairly happy with how it looks as I've seen plenty of videos of it.

With Moc Sand I'd be trying to find an early 2021 gloss version as satin really doesn't do it for me. I was wondering though, is MS a solid colour, or does it have some sort of metallic nature to it? Just in some photos it looks very grey but in others almost looks pale brown and at other times it almost appears to have a gold tinge to it. Can anyone describe how it really looks, or better still post a video of their Moc Sand in various different lights and at different angles to show how it actually looks.

Finally, the one I think I'll probably go for is Dodgem Blue. I just wanted to ask, in normal light, does it tend to look blue or green? Most videos I've seen of it are under studio lights, not day light, so just trying to make sure I won't be disappointed.

Hi all.

I'm fairly new here but have a question I hope you good people can help with.

I'm hopefully going to be buying a Silver Sky in a few short weeks, but will probably have to buy blind from an online retailer as the only music store near me doesn't stock Silver Sky models. (I asked why, because they are a PRS dealer and stock other high end models and apparently they don't sell... Well how can they if you don't stock them?? ‍♂️♂️)

I've narrowed by choice down to one of 3 finishes, Dodgem Blue, Midnight Rose or Moc Sand.

Midnight Rose I'm fairly happy with how it looks as I've seen plenty of videos of it.

With Moc Sand I'd be trying to find an early 2021 gloss version as satin really doesn't do it for me. I was wondering though, is MS a solid colour, or does it have some sort of metallic nature to it? Just in some photos it looks very grey but in others almost looks pale brown and at other times it almost appears to have a gold tinge to it. Can anyone describe how it really looks, or better still post a video of their Moc Sand in various different lights and at different angles to show how it actually looks.

Finally, the one I think I'll probably go for is Dodgem Blue. I just wanted to ask, in normal light, does it tend to look blue or green? Most videos I've seen of it are under studio lights, not day light, so just trying to make sure I won't be disappointed.

I have seen all 3 and they are great colors. Moc Sand is the only non-metallic Silver Sky color that I’m aware of. Dodgem Blue does have some green in it - I would sort of call it a cousin of teal. Midnight Rose looks very rich in person.

I have a First Edition in Onyx…..a dream guitar in every way….there is nothing to complain about with that instrument. My only purchase of a new instrument that is STILL factory set up. Apart from changing strings,oiling the fingerboard and the nut slots I didn’t have my (full time employee)guitar tech and assistant set it up since the guitar is being consistently performing well. Bought it in March 2018. Mine even has 17 and then the 6 digit number with JM having signed the hang tag. I wrote to custserv and they wrote that mine was one of the first ten to come of the production line Jan 28,2018…

I have a First Edition in Onyx…..a dream guitar in every way….there is nothing to complain about with that instrument. My only purchase of a new instrument that is STILL factory set up. Apart from changing strings,oiling the fingerboard and the nut slots I didn’t have my (full time employee)guitar tech and assistant set it up since the guitar is being consistently performing well. Bought it in March 2018. Mine even has 17 and then the 6 digit number with JM having signed the hang tag. I wrote to custserv and they wrote that mine was one of the first ten to come of the production line Jan 28,2018…
Nice!
I've got a first 500 with the hard case/plaque and am equally happy with the setup!

Mind you….just picked up a beautiful 10 Top CU 24 in “Violin Amber”….a real beauty…..aurally and visually

Screen-Shot-2021-09-05-at-10-49-59-PM.png

Back