The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I think it’s more flat, and apparently $150 more from what I’m finding.
I wonder why the upcharge
Could be the 2021 price from PRS and others will follow?
could be supply and demand for a brand new product that some retailers are jumping on?

I'm closer to pulling the trigger on an ss, but not for $300 more (Australian dollars, double everything from US usually)

I wonder why the upcharge
Could be the 2021 price from PRS and others will follow?
could be supply and demand for a brand new product that some retailers are jumping on?

I'm closer to pulling the trigger on an ss, but not for $300 more (Australian dollars, double everything from US usually)
I’m not sure why, other than exclusivity around that color as it ties to the album, etc. Who knows. I did just see that Sweetwater is listing them at $2,549USD.

A few more...
zIWEKj9.jpg

H3ozZmk.jpg

C8cpRRb.jpg
Yeah…. I’m going to own one of those. Shipping in December apparently. Probably will have to preorder to get one in that batch.

On some pics it looks like a metallic paint, on others (Mayer's video in particular) it looks more like a regular/flat pink paint.
Which is it ?
The two I saw in live shots (JM and PRS) looked like gloss solid color, similar to the others in the line, just pink. I haven’t seen one in person.

I’ve got a polar ice w rosewood that’s fantastic. I thought I’d get a maple neck next but this (IMO) trumps them all. I’ve got my name on one for when the time comes. Never thought I’d own a pink guitar but that SS is perfect.

Still wait for Prymaxe to list it. They told me to check back next week (refreshes Prymaxe search bar repeatedly lol)

I love it. Doesn’t make me wrong or you right. It tells me you hate pink. That’s it.

You are right. No pink for me. I think I'm more irked that PRS is upcharging for a color that isn't anything special. It's pink. They've done pink before and have not upcharged. But, because it's the Silver Sky, they are putting the monetization machine into full steam ahead. Thankfully I don't want this particular color, although a gold Silver Sky will be in my future at some point. PRS never misses an opportunity to monetize these days. They never did this even with the "sprayers choice" models of days past. As just an ordinary guy who doesn't worship at the alter of Paul Smith, it rubs me the wrong way when companies reach into the cookie jar like this and squeeze the dedicated fans. As it is, the Silver Sky is $450 more expensive than a Fender Ultra and even par with the new Ultra Lux. At least you get stainless frets on the ultra lux. Case too! Heck, you get a case on the Ultra.

You are right. No pink for me. I think I'm more irked that PRS is upcharging for a color that isn't anything special. It's pink. They've done pink before and have not upcharged. But, because it's the Silver Sky, they are putting the monetization machine into full steam ahead. Thankfully I don't want this particular color, although a gold Silver Sky will be in my future at some point. PRS never misses an opportunity to monetize these days. They never did this even with the "sprayers choice" models of days past. As just an ordinary guy who doesn't worship at the alter of Paul Smith, it rubs me the wrong way when companies reach into the cookie jar like this and squeeze the dedicated fans. As it is, the Silver Sky is $450 more expensive than a Fender Ultra and even par with the new Ultra Lux. At least you get stainless frets on the ultra lux. Case too! Heck, you get a case on the Ultra.

All fair but I do think the SS is an incredible value. I’ve played a 1/2 dozen of them and they’ve all been so similar that I’m not sure I’d be able to distinguish one from another (and similar in the best way possible). They sound fantastic. The demand allows them to gamble on colors and charge a premium cuz guys like me will buy them. They’ll hold back production and wait for dealers to tell them what the waitlist is.

I wouldn't be surprised if the higher prices are going to be on all colors and models and this is just a preview; according to Phil McKnight, most of the manufacturers are notifying dealers of price increases across the board. Heck, Sweetwater is notifying its customers of same.

Back