The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Do my eyes deceive me or does that have modern saddles? Hmmmmm.

would be interesting if we could get a 9.5 or 10” radius with more modern bridge….just saying.

Do my eyes deceive me or does that have modern saddles? Hmmmmm.

would be interesting if we could get a 9.5 or 10” radius with more modern bridge….just saying.

The saddles sure look the same to me. Guessing it’s dark rosewood as well. Considering the original intent of the Silver Sky I don’t see modern bridges or a flatter radius in the future, but based on its success I wouldn’t entirely rule out a potential alternative model, but that’s already kinda the Fiore so probably doubtful.

actually watching the video again it is the same saddles. But that fretboard is crazy dark compared to white rosewood SS in the video. I'm thinking ebony...could it be with experience weeks away that we get a special release???

actually watching the video again it is the same saddles. But that fretboard is crazy dark compared to white rosewood SS in the video. I'm thinking ebony...could it be with experience weeks away that we get a special release???

My Silver sky is super dark, almost black, from late last year -- but not ebony. My ideal shade, honestly.

You guys need to catch up on your 80's Eric Clapton and you'll see exactly where John is coming from with this new track. The Behind the Sun, August, and Journeyman albums are essential listening. Big keyboard/synth sounds plus EC playing Strats through JCM800's and Soldano SLO100's. Some of my favorite Clapton material, so I"m stoked that John is brining that sound back to the forefront.

Plus EC was in his 40's then, as is John now...

You guys need to catch up on your 80's Eric Clapton and you'll see exactly where John is coming from with this new track. The Behind the Sun, August, and Journeyman albums are essential listening. Big keyboard/synth sounds plus EC playing Strats through JCM800's and Soldano SLO100's. Some of my favorite Clapton material, so I"m stoked that John is brining that sound back to the forefront.

I hear some EC in there, but not as much as I hear Toto. The Toto keys player is even in the video. And ‘Sob Rock’ kinda points me that way too

This is exactly why I love John's new tune. Really hope the rest of the album is similar. I immediately thought 80s Clapton as soon as I heard the first bars of his song. Such a good period for Clapton, IMO.

Did not take long for somebody to make an unofficial pink Silver sky. Already on reverb. I think it Looks nice…aside the price but I know them refinishes don’t come cheap

Back