The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

My advice is not to get hung-up on exact heights. It's a trial and error thing. You KNOW it's too high for you, so make gradual changes and play it a little, maybe sleep on it, and keep that up until you're comfortable. It really comes down to that. Tastes vary as much as hand size, musical genre, and playing style. I don't see any reason why you can't get it to where you are comfortable. My SS is my only current 7.25" radius of all my guitars (though I've had 7.25" before) and I find the SS neck and setup to be one of, if not the most comfortable of any of my guitars to play.

Agreed, I won't mess with it for awhile. I've only had it a week. It's not that I don't like it, just gonna take some getting used to. I'm also a humbucker guy at heart but these single coil pickups are sick cool. Really like their tones. In my PRS collection I've got 2 custom 24's, a 594, a Pauls guitar and a P Stock custom 22 with pattern thin. Alot of different necks here and they all work great so I'm sure my SS will settle in just fine. Just need some more time on er. I've also got some arthritis comin on and thru this forum and others most players with arthritis seem to like the chunkier necks like the 594 and their 50's les pauls. I had never thought of that but great info. Makes since. Thank you.

After taking this photo, I decided a Moc Sand is in my future
48730430196_3947b172bb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks! New guy here. Just got a silver sky and has anyone noticed that the shoulder on the treble side is less rounded than the bass side? (more meat, slightly asymmetrical). Is this a design thing or a production flaw? Thought that to not be possible because the use of CNC and stuff. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Love the size of that pedalboard. Can you tell me make/model and where to order. I'd appreciate it. thx.

the pedalboard is from Atlas Stands. He makes some really cool amp stands but sometimes does some pedalboards and I really like them. Also have a bigger two row board but found it just a little too large for me and this single row 24” wide one has just always felt right to me.

atlas-stands.com

the pedalboard is from Atlas Stands. He makes some really cool amp stands but sometimes does some pedalboards and I really like them. Also have a bigger two row board but found it just a little too large for me and this single row 24” wide one has just always felt right to me.

atlas-stands.com

Cool. Thank you very much. Enjoy

Hi folks! New guy here. Just got a silver sky and has anyone noticed that the shoulder on the treble side is less rounded than the bass side? (more meat, slightly asymmetrical). Is this a design thing or a production flaw? Thought that to not be possible because the use of CNC and stuff. Many thanks!

I believe it was a request from John Mayer, as he wanted clearance on the treble side when playing near the nut end.

Back