The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Yikes! Kahler just posted this on their FB page.

91859704_2904202516325661_8178576552968060928_n.jpg

Is there going to be any silver sky’s made with more traditional prs radius’? I love the sound but would like a more modern feel.
Not likely anytime soon. JM likes that radius, so it's what he gets.

TBH, if you are looking for a Silver Sky but with a PRS neck radius, maybe try a DC3 or perhaps a 305?

Not likely anytime soon. JM likes that radius, so it's what he gets.

TBH, if you are looking for a Silver Sky but with a PRS neck radius, maybe try a DC3 or perhaps a 305?

JM can get any guitar made, any way he wants but the massive departure from their traditional radius sizes seems counter productive to fans of PRS like myself who like the flatter radius. Two radius options would be great.

I have played both the dc3 and 305 and neither had the silver sky tone quality. I think they hit a homerun with the tone but if it were more in the same PRS vein I would have traded my strats in for a SS. I guess the strats stay until the day the Silver Sky modern come out...

Has anyone seen one of the MojoAxe tortoise pickguard on a moc sand? I did a half-ass online free photoshop to see what it might look like, but curious if anyone has done this. The PRS pickguard has yellowed really quickly and looks a bit odd.

7l2N9fj

Is there going to be any silver sky’s made with more traditional prs radius’? I love the sound but would like a more modern feel.

I seriously doubt it. The silver sky is influenced by vintage Strat specs. That includes the 7.25” radius and vintage sized frets. I go back and forth between my Silver Sky and guitars with 9.5” and 12” with no big noticeable difference. I think radius gets too much attention. Neck profile has a much bigger impact on playing comfort.

I seriously doubt it. The silver sky is influenced by vintage Strat specs. That includes the 7.25” radius and vintage sized frets. I go back and forth between my Silver Sky and guitars with 9.5” and 12” with no big noticeable difference. I think radius gets too much attention. Neck profile has a much bigger impact on playing comfort.

I agree 100%. In a hour last night I played my SS (7.25), Custom 22 (10) and Taylor 914 (15) and had no issues switching.

Yikes! Kahler just posted this on their FB page.

91859704_2904202516325661_8178576552968060928_n.jpg
No, it’s pretty bad. But I don’t have words. My buddy Sergio will be along soon to more eloquently describe it.
I'm not @sergiodeblanc , but that Kahler is such a huge monstrosity compared to the much more elegant looking (and quite capable) stock PRS trem. It looks like it is adding at least a whole pound of weight to the guitar. Overkill for a problem that doesn't really exist?

I'm not @sergiodeblanc , but that Kahler is such a huge monstrosity compared to the much more elegant looking (and quite capable) stock PRS trem. It looks like it is adding at least a whole pound of weight to the guitar. Overkill for a problem that doesn't really exist?
And for those of us who leave the original trem decked, leave the bar in the case, and play it like a hardtail, it creates a problem where there wasn’t one...

I tried to make light of the situation lol, it does look bad but I've seen worse looking out there.

Man, I keep waiting for Midnight Roses with Rosewood necks to start appearing in the wild.

That's the only guitar on my list right now. In the meantime, I have serious SS envy.

Yeah, that's my issue as well. It's just totally disproportionately huge looking on that guitar.

Edit: And not in a cool way, like a Bigsby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back