The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

If you play a lot and are experiencing fret wear, that’s pretty clear evidence you don’t have enough guitars. You’re welcome.

You are right sir... not many at this moment (in fact, my only guitar). Had a Fender Standard and a Mesa MarkV25 I exchange for a Two Rock Studio Sig... great sounds coming along between the SS and the TR (ok, and pedals).

If you have any "good" ones to donate I'm more than happy to provide my S. Address :)

I am now officially obsessed with acquiring a Silver Sky, but am torn between the Tungsten and Dodgem Blue colors.

Has anyone seen more than one of the dodgems side by side? Do these vary in color from one to the next? The pictures online are all over the place. I know its probably just lighting, but some look mostly blue, some show both green and blue in the same photos (definitely lighting), and then others look completely green. For example, sweetwater has a dodgem in stock right now that doesnt have a hint of blue in the photos.

Tungsten was my original favorite by far. Currently trying to talk myself into buying the dodgem but don't want another predominantly green guitar! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I am now officially obsessed with acquiring a Silver Sky, but am torn between the Tungsten and Dodgem Blue colors.

Has anyone seen more than one of the dodgems side by side? Do these vary in color from one to the next? The pictures online are all over the place. I know its probably just lighting, but some look mostly blue, some show both green and blue in the same photos (definitely lighting), and then others look completely green. For example, sweetwater has a dodgem in stock right now that doesnt have a hint of blue in the photos.

Tungsten was my original favorite by far. Currently trying to talk myself into buying the dodgem but don't want another predominantly green guitar! Not that there's anything wrong with that.
PRS is definitely the kind of company that would make all the guitars of a certain colour the same. Imperceptible variation for sure.

Saw and played a Tungsten it is nice, Liked the white one better for me. If I were getting another it would be Gold or Green , I have several blue guitars and Sergio does not like blue

awesome guitar, great neck!

Vote for both... with that said the Tungsten, as all the original models, has the lower horn with a different tint, the new ones lack this :)

these strats look like antiques with the tighty whitey pickguard. a black pickguard would make it super cool, like a charvel.

I sure didn't expect to see a neck like that when I opened the case to check it out at purchase. The lady had the cash in her hands within seconds!:eek:

And a first 500 to boot!

What a score! Makes me wonder if there's a secret stash of flamey SS necks tucked away in the factory somewhere? Yours is the only one I've seen, with that kind of flamey goodness! ;)

What a score! Makes me wonder if there's a secret stash of flamey SS necks tucked away in the factory somewhere? Yours is the only one I've seen, with that kind of flamey goodness! ;)
It's a funny kind of flame that starts on the top of the neck, and fades away near the lower side. But yeah, I haven't seen one like it either, not that I've specifically looking for it.:)

Back