The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Are people doing the scorched earth thing again? I thought that was kind of funny, even though those people quieted down after they had a chance to play a Silver Sky for them selves.

It doesn't seem as bad this time around. I saw a few comments here and there, but nothing like the wailing, gnashing of teeth, clutching of pearls, and just general hysteria that greeted last year's announcement. Heck, there was even a Guitar Player article about the new colors that didn't have a comment when I'd seen it!

Now that I've had time to let them sink in, I like all the new colors, but the green most of all.

But...I still would probably get one in Onyx, a la David Gilmour's "blackie".

But put a maple board on just one color and that is the one I will buy!

It doesn't seem as bad this time around. I saw a few comments here and there, but nothing like the wailing, gnashing of teeth, clutching of pearls, and just general hysteria that greeted last year's announcement. Heck, there was even a Guitar Player article about the new colors that didn't have a comment when I'd seen it!

It's not as bad this time... but the comments are completely lame. They need to grow some creativeness... I like them, hell I had a red one in my SW basket before I picked the 594 that I'm stone in love with <3

Now that I've had time to let them sink in, I like all the new colors, but the green most of all.

But...I still would probably get one in Onyx, a la David Gilmour's "blackie".

But put a maple board on just one color and that is the one I will buy!

Of course, you mean Clapton's "blackie" ;)

golden mesa is hot.

I was hoping for a darker green... Not that I'm in a position to buy one.

50681644_10157399956445639_2385960294066159616_n.jpg

tumblr_msxrpeiPsK1seswi2o1_500.gif

Gang, doing my first string replacement and I searched this thread and didn't get much on what folks are doing when replacing the strings. Sticking with the stock 10's from PRS?

Thinking of going to thinking of going with the D'Addario Nickel or Chrome Flat wound 10's. Too warm??

I'm not unhappy with the PRS strings, but always seeking the right tone and balance. Focused on that SRV/Mayer as a basis for the warmth I'm looking for.

Gang, doing my first string replacement and I searched this thread and didn't get much on what folks are doing when replacing the strings. Sticking with the stock 10's from PRS?

Thinking of going to thinking of going with the D'Addario Nickel or Chrome Flat wound 10's. Too warm??

I'm not unhappy with the PRS strings, but always seeking the right tone and balance. Focused on that SRV/Mayer as a basis for the warmth I'm looking for.
NYXL 10s for me. Love 'em

Back