The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

The Silver Sky sounds like a really nice strat should. I think you could find a Fender that plays and sounds equally as good, but in my experience you'd have to play lots of them to do so.

Saw on-line that my local shop finally got one. Went straight to the store! They had two in Frost. First of all, is it me, or does that guitar have a blue tint to it? Anyhow, I just loved it. Want one. Soon as I talk my wife into the expense, I'm in. Maybe someone from PRS is willing to answer this - any plans for more colors?

I own one in frost I would say there is no blue tint to it. What I would say is that it is super white like really really white no I mean really really really I own one in frost I would say there is no blue tint to it. But I would say is that it is super white like really really wait no I mean really really really white

I own one in frost I would say there is no blue tint to it. What I would say is that it is super white like really really white no I mean really really really I own one in frost I would say there is no blue tint to it. But I would say is that it is super white like really really wait no I mean really really really white
Must have been the lighting in the guitar shop!

They call that "Ceiling White" at the paint store

Waiting on my silver sky and getting really excited! It's currently in Singapore and I have someone bringing it to be in Brisbane, Australia. I'm stationed here until next July and didn't want to wait until I'm back before I play my SS.

Trying to decide if I should have it transported over in the PRS Gigbag or to use one of my mono vertigo cases. I'm afraid that the airline will ask the person carrying it to check it in. I've checked in guitars with monocases before and they've always come through unscathed. Last thing I want is for my guitar to be destroyed before I ever get to play it!

Has anyone travelled with the SS Gig Bag?

Last edited:
Waiting on my silver sky and getting really excited! It's currently in Singapore and I have someone bringing it to be in Brisbane, Australia. I'm stationed here until next July and didn't want to wait until I'm back before I play my SS. Trying to decide if I should have it transported over in the PRS Gigbag or to use one of my mono vertigo cases. I'm afraid that the airline will ask the person carrying it to check it in. I've checked in guitars with monocases before and they've always come through unscathed. Last thing I want is for my guitar to be destroyed before I ever get to play it!
I won a guitar in New York, and took it on the plane in the SE gig bag. They let me store it in the closet up front no problem. I flew there (NY) with a guitar in a beat up hard case that I wrapped with two massive zip ties before checking it in, and had packed extras for the trip back.
No problems with anything and the zip ties remained intact. They were my tamper evidence.:)

Waiting on my silver sky and getting really excited! It's currently in Singapore and I have someone bringing it to be in Brisbane, Australia. I'm stationed here until next July and didn't want to wait until I'm back before I play my SS.

Trying to decide if I should have it transported over in the PRS Gigbag or to use one of my mono vertigo cases. I'm afraid that the airline will ask the person carrying it to check it in. I've checked in guitars with monocases before and they've always come through unscathed. Last thing I want is for my guitar to be destroyed before I ever get to play it!

Has anyone travelled with the SS Gig Bag?

The new SS bag is pretty close to the Vertigo. I think you'd be ok, either way.

Searching through this thread, did not see what to be done with the static issue or what exactly this is? When center pickup is active, 2-4 position, if I touch the bottom pickup height screw it pops like a ground. Does not do this when I touch the top screw, does not doe this on any of the other pickups. It pops like a ground issue. If I have hands on the strings or the tremolo and touch the screw it still pops. Not sure if it is a static issue?

Searching through this thread, did not see what to be done with the static issue or what exactly this is? When center pickup is active, 2-4 position, if I touch the bottom pickup height screw it pops like a ground. Does not do this when I touch the top screw, does not doe this on any of the other pickups. It pops like a ground issue. If I have hands on the strings or the tremolo and touch the screw it still pops. Not sure if it is a static issue?

That's a grounding issue. Pull the pickguard off and PM a photo to me of the underside.

Quick question. Does the SS ship with wrench for the truss rod and the allen keys for the saddles? I had a CU22 that came with the wrench but I don't remember it coming with allen keys.

Asking because the guitar was received on my behalf in my home country and someone's going to be bringing it to me. Just wanna make sure I have everything I need in case I want to adjust something on the guitar.

If it doesn't, what size is required?

Quick question. Does the SS ship with wrench for the truss rod and the allen keys for the saddles? I had a CU22 that came with the wrench but I don't remember it coming with allen keys.

Asking because the guitar was received on my behalf in my home country and someone's going to be bringing it to me. Just wanna make sure I have everything I need in case I want to adjust something on the guitar.

If it doesn't, what size is required?
Mine came with the truss rod wrench and allen keys.

Looks like (I'm guessing) Tomo Fujita just got one from his Instagram post of a PRS box.
I know he's tight with JM.

Can't wait to see his take. I know Tim Peirce seems to be digging his.

Saw on-line that my local shop finally got one. Went straight to the store! They had two in Frost. First of all, is it me, or does that guitar have a blue tint to it? Anyhow, I just loved it. Want one. Soon as I talk my wife into the expense, I'm in. Maybe someone from PRS is willing to answer this - any plans for more colors?
I just bought a silver sky in frost and mine definitely has a blue tint to it. I don't really like the blue to tell the truth. I'm not sure if I can post pics yet because this is my first post but I would like to show you guys. I think it must be the way the paint has been mixed in some batches. The frost SS's that I've seen on the internet were super white. However if you really dig down into a google image search you can see some that have a tinge of blue.

As I said this is my first post; is there someone at PRS to contact and ask if the blue tint is a feature or a bug?

Last edited:
I just bought a silver sky in frost and mine definitely has a blue tint to it. I don't really like the blue to tell the truth. I'm not sure if I can post pics yet because this is my first post but I would like to show you guys. I think it must be the way the paint has been mixed in some batches. The frost SS's that I've seen on the internet were super white. However if you really dig down into a google image search you can see some that have a tinge of blue.

As I said this is my first post; is there someone at PRS to contact and ask if the blue tint is a feature or a bug?
Send some photos to the customer service department and we'll check it out.

Back