The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I think this one goes in the first world guitar problems thread... ;)

-Ray
Same here....I had the same occurrence,since the volume knobs work so well, I find myself adjusting so much more. But had my dealer, where I bought mine reorder a replacement knob.To be honest, I like the Silver Sky so much,that I neglect my other guitars.
I'm not the only one here with 3, azzkkr also has 3.

Spent a good bit of time w/mine yesterday recording a solo. Guitar -> G-System (compressor and boost only) -> lead channel on my Budda. Lower gain than I’ve been playing lately. Man, it sounded pretty sweet to me.

Also pulled the protective plastic film off because I think I’m going to keep this one.

Very happy with this pickup to say the least. Sadly, not so happy with my locking strap, which busted mid-set and resulted in a fine-looking ding near the back strap pin. Ah well, guitars are meant to be played and there's nothing wrong with a little battle-damage!

I kinda feel relieved after I get a ding on a new guitar lol it's like I don't have to be so careful anymore!

I kinda feel relieved after I get a ding on a new guitar lol it's like I don't have to be so careful anymore!

Agreed! There are some guitars I'm a little more "gentle" with, but I expect this one to be a workhorse. It's bound to get some scars here and there - especially when I play it live as I tend to be quite... animated.

Has anyone else noticed how tight the hardcases are on the guitar? Mine is tight around the body to the point the neck is not all the way seated. The case does close without any issues though. Is this a problem or am I just being picky?

Has anyone else noticed how tight the hardcases are on the guitar? Mine is tight around the body to the point the neck is not all the way seated. The case does close without any issues though. Is this a problem or am I just being picky?

You are just being picky. Enjoy your Silver Sky.

I would be careful, I have an SG that was in the factory case, but the case doesnt support the body of the guitar, but if you look down the neck you can see a slight rise where the neck is supported. but this guitar is also nearly 40 years old too...

I know there's no way to know... but any guesses as to when any new colors would be released? Is there a typical new release schedule? Will probably be in the market for one of these in the next few months and just curious if it will be worthwhile to wait. That cream color was nice :cool:

I know there's no way to know... but any guesses as to when any new colors would be released? Is there a typical new release schedule? Will probably be in the market for one of these in the next few months and just curious if it will be worthwhile to wait. That cream color was nice :cool:

My guess would be next year. I love mine in Frost but would be tempted to pick up another color in phase 2 color. Gotta have a backup for gigs, ya know!

They generally introduce new colors with the new model year, so November. But this being a signature, new and highly successful model as-is, and given that PRS is prone to be unpredictable, who knows...

I have one on pre order. White. I went back and forth and back and forth on color then somebody posted a white one leaning against a wall with stairs and I kind of got hooked on white.

Of the four colors what do you think the rank in popularity is????

I have one on pre order. White. I went back and forth and back and forth on color then somebody posted a white one leaning against a wall with stairs and I kind of got hooked on white.

Of the four colors what do you think the rank in popularity is????
Totally guessing, but I'd bet on:
1) Tungsten
2) Frost
3) Onyx
4) Horizon

I was looking forward to trying the Silver Sky. My local music store had three of them, two sold the same day they came in. I didn't care for the neck at all, far too fat for my liking. I guess what works for Mr. Mayer doesn't work for me, I'll stick with my DC3.

Back