The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

patiently-awaits-delivery-for-my-good-title_o_7038865.jpg

I called the PRS rep in France and they told me that there wasn't any Silver Sky in France yet... but someone on the forum already has one. Can't wait to get mine but i don't have any info on the shipping and it's weird. (i ordered a SS with a hardcase)

I'm hoping to hear from more owners what they think of the guitar. For me, the guitar sounds fantastic, plays extremely well, but I'm curious to know if any owners notice the asymmetrical neck profile. I'm surprised none of very many reviews didn't catch this detail.

I'm hoping to hear from more owners what they think of the guitar. For me, the guitar sounds fantastic, plays extremely well, but I'm curious to know if any owners notice the asymmetrical neck profile. I'm surprised none of very many reviews didn't catch this detail.

There is no "asymmetrical" neck profile on my Silver Sky.

There is no "asymmetrical" neck profile on my Silver Sky.

On my Silver Sky, there is a lot more meat on the treble side and a low shoulder on the bass side, meaning that it is asymmetric in the opposite way than what we know as usual. I asked PRS customer service and they said that the Silver Sky is reverse asymmetric and was specified to be that way by Paul Smith and John Mayer. Would you take a look again closely and see if what PRS customer service says is true. Or is there something wrong with mine?

Asymmetry is not a new thing for PRS. It is a purposeful design for specific reasons.

Not asymmetric like described in those links, asymmetric the opposite way. More meat on the treble side, and less meat on the bass side. PRS Customer Service says that this is done intentionally by Paul Smith and John Mayer. I just want to confirm if other owners have discovered this. Mine is certainly that way and takes quite a bit of getting used to.

Not asymmetric like described in those links, asymmetric the opposite way. More meat on the treble side, and less meat on the bass side. PRS Customer Service says that this is done intentionally by Paul Smith and John Mayer. I just want to confirm if other owners have discovered this. Mine is certainly that way and takes quite a bit of getting used to.

My Brad Paisley tele is assymetrical the opposite directoin, and it's awesome.
I know Mayer wraps the thumb a LOT....wonder if this makes it easier.

can you confirm?

Back