The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Another comparison vid of a dude who's lucky enough to own both the Fender BLK1 JM Sig and the Silver Sky. At around 8 mins they speak in English.
Quoting him ".. They (PRS) took the original strat and made it perfect..."

Lol.

Q: Something happen to your studio and you can only save one guitar, which one you save: Fendr JM strat or Silver Sky?

A: Hmmmm. I think I’d just kill myself man.

:eek:

I had the opportunity to play one over the weekend. It felt, played, and sounded like a really good Strat copy. I was somewhat appalled by the chintzy tuner keys and volume / tone knobs, but it's a solid guitar and adequately priced. Bag instead of a case? Seriously?

Yeah baby! I defy anyone not to nod their head as they listen to this!

Oh Hell Yes! Please tell me this Silver Sky thing is gonna bring more of my favorite players into the PRS fold.

I LOVE his chord choices in the section around 30s in. Always been one of the best parts of that band for me.

Agreed. The lick at :54 is pretty rad too.

Bag instead of a case? Seriously?

My hard cases end up in the attic. I have three PRS gig bags from the late 90's, early 2000's... At the 2nd unofficial PRS forum event back then, Paul was carrying his personal MEI in a gig bag. I figure if it's good enough for him...

If you dig through this thread, there are pics of the SS gig bag. It looks like a nice gig bag. I'd rather have that than a case I'd never use.

I LOVE his chord choices in the section around 30s in. Always been one of the best parts of that band for me.

Also, that bass tone makes me sad on all but the popped notes.
Love how the bass growls and he’s got the best smile on his face. Only brought about by “the groove”!

Love how the bass growls and he’s got the best smile on his face. Only brought about by “the groove”!
When a musician is smiling while they're playing, it's NEVER EVER because they're happy about their gear!

When they're frowning or pissed, it could be because their gear is letting them down. But the grins are ALWAYS about the music...

-Ray

Back