The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I've got a few hours on my SS and it's an excellent guitar. It's one of the easiest playing fretboards I've come across. The playability is noticeably better than a lot of other options. The tone, although subjective, is fantastic to my ear. Paul and John have done a great job on this one.

For those on the fence about the fretboard, you should be pleasantly surprised. It's hard to find anything that i'd want to change thus far.

I've got a few hours on my SS and it's an excellent guitar. It's one of the easiest playing fretboards I've come across. The playability is noticeably better than a lot of other options. The tone, although subjective, is fantastic to my ear. Paul and John have done a great job on this one.

For those on the fence about the fretboard, you should be pleasantly surprised. It's hard to find anything that i'd want to change thus far.
100% agree. I added a treble bleed and that’s it.

Another comparison vid of a dude who's lucky enough to own both the Fender BLK1 JM Sig and the Silver Sky. At around 8 mins they speak in English.
Quoting him ".. They (PRS) took the original strat and made it perfect..."

DANGIT! I WANT ONE! I so need that strat quack in my life...I told the Ginger Goddess the SS was all I need to reach tonal Nirvana...she told me I would have to reach a divorce attorney if one shows up anytime in the near future...she's mean...

We shipped the last of the cased guitars on Friday and now the Silver Sky will start shipping with the new gig bags.
When will the new gig bags be available to purchase separately from silver sky? Also any chance there will be different pickguard color options for silver sky?

When will the new gig bags be available to purchase separately from silver sky? Also any chance there will be different pickguard color options for silver sky?

Right now all gig bags are being used to ship guitars, but hopefully we'll have some available for purchase soon.

Thee has been no talk of any color options for pick guards at this time. Sorry.

Has anyone seen pictures of the “Silver Sky” gig bags? Is it the standard PRS gig bag with “Silver Sky” embroidered into it or something different?

Is there anywhere to see the PRS factory production output numbers? It would be cool to see the pace they are coming off the production line.

Has anyone seen pictures of the “Silver Sky” gig bags? Is it the standard PRS gig bag with “Silver Sky” embroidered into it or something different?

Is there anywhere to see the PRS factory production output numbers? It would be cool to see the pace they are coming off the production line.

Yes.

No.

No.

I believe the pics of the gig bags are earlier in this thread - don't have a link handy. Shawn posted them, so you should be able to search using his handle.

Back