The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

She only played it at church on Sundays.

I don’t think she even took it to church. She just thought about church while gazing lovingly at the guitar.
Interesting how different we all are
This lady decided that she would rather have a semi hollow of some sort after what must have been less than an hour or two play time on this wonderful guitar.
To each his/her own.
My gain!

Interesting how different we all are
This lady decided that she would rather have a semi hollow of some sort after what must have been less than an hour or two play time on this wonderful guitar.
To each his/her own.
My gain!
For what it’s worth, it takes a while for me to learn all of the subtleties of a guitar’s sound, but I always know really quickly whether I’m gonna bond with a guitar in terms of how it feels / plays. And quality isn’t usually a deciding factor in that. My favorite necks are Fender necks but there are plenty of Fender necks I don’t like at all and I know it pretty instantly. The last time I was looking for a strat, I played a lot of them and liked a few and didn’t like several. And all were with that $800-1200 quality/value sweet spot, so they were all similarly “good” guitars, but different models just played differently. Just one reason I’d never recommend buying a guitar without getting a chance to play it first, or at least unless it’s really easy to return if you don’t get on with it. I’ve played PRS necks I loved and others I didn’t really like also, although my experience is much less extensive with PRS.

So I could easily imagine ordering a guitar site unseen that you weren’t likely to be able to check out first in person, and knowing within an hour of getting it that it wasn’t for me. I usually know within the first minute, honestly - the rest of the hour would generally just reconfirm and strengthen my initial impression... Sometimes I can really like a guitar right away and more time can tell me whether I really like it or whether I love it. But if I don’t really like it right off the bat, my experience tells me I’m never gonna.

-Ray

A buddy of mine caught the Dead and Co show in NYC over the weekend. He said the band yore it up. Anyone else attend?

Heard the same - nothing but positivity all around. The 594 got plenty of shine.

59_Edp.jpg

Well I finally got my hands on the SIlver Sky I ordered in February. It was worth every minute of waiting!

First things first.....the guitar was shipped by PRS in April and took all that time to make it's way to me in Western Canada (damn you CITES). So after weeks of sitting at the border, being shipped across the country I pulled it out of the box and the thing was in perfect tune!. This is my first USA made PRS (Custom 24 currently on order). And I have to say I am absolutely stunned at the quality and craftsmanship on this guitar. I really do understand what the hype is all about when it comes to PRS guitars. I have five American made Strats and they honestly don't play anywhere near as well as the Silver Sky.

I'm done fanboying on this guitar, but I just have to say I am absolutely shocked at how much I enjoy playing it.

Well I finally got my hands on the SIlver Sky I ordered in February. It was worth every minute of waiting!

First things first.....the guitar was shipped by PRS in April and took all that time to make it's way to me in Western Canada (damn you CITES). So after weeks of sitting at the border, being shipped across the country I pulled it out of the box and the thing was in perfect tune!. This is my first USA made PRS (Custom 24 currently on order). And I have to say I am absolutely stunned at the quality and craftsmanship on this guitar. I really do understand what the hype is all about when it comes to PRS guitars. I have five American made Strats and they honestly don't play anywhere near as well as the Silver Sky.

I'm done fanboying on this guitar, but I just have to say I am absolutely shocked at how much I enjoy playing it.

I'm glad to hear you finally got your guitar and I'm even happier to hear that you love it!

Enjoy!!!

Lucky. Still waiting on my namm pre-order with no clue if it'll be here tomorrow or next year. :(

Back