The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Just got back from practise.
I took the Silver Sky, and my venerable P22 rosewood.
I had a jones to play some humbuckers because I haven't touched a humbucker guitar since acquiring the Silver Sky.
I offered my lead player to use the SS all night long if he wanted. He jumped at it like a fat kid on a donut. Man... that thing cuts like a knife through the mix. He's a guy who loves gritty high output humbucker pups, but this Silver Sky was an eye opener for him... hell ALL of us!
He played it all night long. Halfway through I became jealous of my own guitar... Bwahahahahahaha!!!:eek::D
The only knock he had on it was that his finger popped off the fretboard a few times because of the way he bends/neck width. That being said, he is in love with the neck feel/size, the overall comfy play and weight, the tone especially. Also the flame on the neck on mine has him spellbound. I'll admit, looking down at that neck whilst playing is joyous.
Frickin' LOVE that guitar!
And no... he ain't gettin' it!:p

Sounds like he needs to get one of his own!

Sounds like he needs to get one of his own!
Stranger things have happened... that being said, he's somewhat "frugal" when it comes to music gear (which is fine), yet extravagant with boats. He must have as many or more boats than I do guitars. They vary from 12' to over 45'!!!

Stranger things have happened... that being said, he's somewhat "frugal" when it comes to music gear (which is fine), yet extravagant with boats. He must have as many or more boats than I do guitars. They vary from 12' to over 45'!!!

Crikey!

“Boat geek”?!;)

Wonder when we will see some start to appear on the used market?

What do you think they will sell for used? 1500? 1700?

Right but who would buy those? Once they have been out for awhile they will come down.

These aren’t limited edition, right?

Right but who would buy those? Once they have been out for awhile they will come down.

These aren’t limited edition, right?

Nope. There are three on Reverb now between $2600 and $3200, all with the case. If someone wants one bad enough, and has no patience, they'll pay for it.

Back