The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

No, but I did call a couple kids A-aron when refereeing soccer...

I love this one! Hilarious! I also like the football player skit. It's even funnier when you hear Key explain how the skit came to be. Peele, not knowing anything about football, saw D'brickashaw Ferguson's name in the Madden Football video game, and asked Key if he had seen this name. Key replied, "You have no idea" and a skit was born. Funny to hear him tell the whole story in studio with Dan Patrick not too long ago.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but there’s a new review of the Silver Sky in Guitar Player; they loved it, and had some pithy comments about all the haters unloading on PRS but giving other companies that build Strat type guitars a pass.

Anyway, it got an Editor’s Pick.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of GP, this was a very well-written and enthusiastic review. I got a chuckle out of their “cons” comment in the sidebar: “Haters gonna hate.”

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but there’s a new review of the Silver Sky in Guitar Player; they loved it, and had some pithy comments about all the haters unloading on PRS but giving other companies that build Strat type guitars a pass.

Anyway, it got an Editor’s Pick.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of GP, this was a very well-written and enthusiastic review. I got a chuckle out of their “cons” comment in the sidebar: “Haters gonna hate.”

I saw it too. Chuckled at the same thing!

JqYTmjn.gif

Just a question for you Silver Sky owners:

I noticed a slight chance in the the color of the pick guard. Seems to me that it reacts with sunlight. It is (yet?) subtle,but noticeable nevertheless. I think it is cool, kind of a vintage vibe. Same with your guitars?

Dealer picture from April:

29511504_2140719235943715_6697554855872954368_o.jpg~original

A picture I took last week:

7c2956cb-f296-408a-83c4-49a8ecf04d3e.jpg~original

Those of you who attended the Experience and who got to play a Silver Sky, what are your thoughts? Or, those of you who own a Silver Sky, what are your thoughts now that you've had some time with the guitar?

Those of you who attended the Experience and who got to play a Silver Sky, what are your thoughts? Or, those of you who own a Silver Sky, what are your thoughts now that you've had some time with the guitar?
I have a couple of pretty nice PRSi, and I cannot shake the honeymoon phase of the Silver Sky.
It is extremely playable
It is comfortable and light.
The tones available are well rounded and all are usable.
The neck is excellent.
It is an awesome couch guitar with the recessed jack and my G-10 wireless. It has been my number one at practice for weeks.
It's a great guitar, and I did not expect to love it this much!

I have a couple of pretty nice PRSi, and I cannot shake the honeymoon phase of the Silver Sky.
It is extremely playable
It is comfortable and light.
The tones available are well rounded and all are usable.
The neck is excellent.
It is an awesome couch guitar with the recessed jack and my G-10 wireless. It has been my number one at practice for weeks.
It's a great guitar, and I did not expect to love it this much!

Most of the people I talk to enjoy the guitar far more than they expected to.

Most of the people I talk to enjoy the guitar far more than they expected to.

I’m in that category. I don’t consider myself a Strat player, but like I told probably too many people at too much length this weekend (insert Robert Hays story sequence from “Airplane!” here), playing the guitar and passing it back and forth with beerbatteredphish reminded me of what I do love about a Strat. I had no intention of buying one, but I did.

The way the pickups respond to the controls is just unreal - it doesn’t seem like going from 10 to 8 should make a note change like it does.

Best of all, you can really feel the PRS quality in the guitar, and the care that PRSG and John Mayer put into the instrument. I was commenting to Jeff in the amps department that I’m in awe of how much the various artists with signature products care about how they turn out - Mark Tremonti with the MT15, Mayer with the Silver Sky, David Grissom with the amps and above all the DGT. It all shines through in the final product, and it’s a great tribute to them and the people who build the stuff.

Back