The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I wish it was May already... that’s when Sweetwater told me I should start expecting a delivery confirmation email. Can’t wait to get this thing in my hands. Oh and hello everyone!

tenor.gif

I’m having the same issue
Same problem with mine.

I thought it was a grounding issue but I checked the wiring and all is good. After doing some research, it seems a common thing with plastic pickguard/single coil equipped guitars. Especially in the winter when relative humidity in your house is crazy low.

Easy but short term fix: rub the pickguard with a anti-static sheet (the ones you put in the dryer). This reduced for me the pop static sound when touching the screw by 95%.
Long term fix: completely shielding the back of the pickguard (I don't know why they did not do that with the Silver Sky but only the switch/pots area is shielded). But maybe it would be better to contact PRS customer support first...

Last edited:
A question to all the Silver Sky owners: When the Silver Sky is plugged in and I touch (mostly accidentally while playing) the screw on the treble side of the middle pickup I get an annoying static noise. Only with this one screw, not on the bass side and not with the screws of the other two pickups. Maybe a grounding issue?

Same with your Silver Sky? Any suggestions how I can get rid of the noise?
See my previous answer to JohnMayer'sTherapist's answer.

Same problem with mine.

I thought it was a grounding issue but I checked the wiring and all is good. After doing some research, it seems a common thing with plastic pickguard/single coil equipped guitars. Especially in the winter when relative humidity in your house is crazy low.

Easy but short term fix: rub the pickguard with a anti-static sheet (the ones you put in the dryer). This reduced for me the pop static sound when touching the screw by 95%.
Long term fix: completely shielding the back of the pickguard (I don't know why they did not do that with the Silver Sky but only the switch/pots area is shielded). But maybe it would be better to contact PRS customer support first...
Hi i'l french ans i receive my Silver Sky last weekend.

I have the same issue.
It's unbeleavible that PRS make a such mistake....
My old squier have no pb....

Same problem with mine.

I tried to replicate this on mine - no dice. Did not happen for me.

Maybe my personality's just not electric enough.

When I had an SE EG I had the same issue with static. Usually made a pop when I touch a screw on the pick guard.

Alright, no more smart azz stuff. Here are some actual pics of the inside of the gig bag accompanying the Silver Sky. The flap at the top covers the headstock and Velcro's into place to hold the instrument secure within the bag.
View attachment 6224 View attachment 6225

Is there any Silver Sky badging on the gig bag or is it an existing gig bag that is already included with other PRS guitars? Thanks.

If anyone is having an issue with a new PRS guitar, please contact your dealer. They can assist you in getting the problem resolved.

Isn't PRS to resolve the problem?

The guitar sounds good, she looks good but it's very disappointed from PRS considering the price...
How Rene Martinez fix it for John Mayer?

Isn't PRS to resolve the problem?

The guitar sounds good, she looks good but it's very disappointed from PRS considering the price...
How Rene Martinez fix it for John Mayer?

For you send the guitar to the US from France would be a a big headache for you. Your dealer in France can work with PRS Europe to resolve any issues you may be having.

If anyone is having an issue with a new PRS guitar, please contact your dealer. They can assist you in getting the problem resolved.
That's what I did and they told me that it happens a lot with single coils and that most people used to PRS with humbuckers are not used to that kind of static pop sounds. So it is not a problem according to my dealer.
Why PRS is not simply saying it to end the debate on this thread? Unless PRS considers this should not happen? Can you please clarify the position?

That's what I did and they told me that it happens a lot with single coils and that most people used to PRS with humbuckers are not used to that kind of static pop sounds. So it is not a problem according to my dealer.
Why PRS is not simply saying it to end the debate on this thread? Unless PRS considers this should not happen? Can you please clarify the position?

Say what? We can arrange to have the guitar brought back to the factory for an evaluation. Please send an email to the customer service department to make arrangements.

Hi i'l french ans i receive my Silver Sky last weekend.

I have the same issue.
It's unbeleavible that PRS make a such mistake....
My old squier have no pb....

Hi where did you buy your silver sky? (Quel magasin?)

Say what? We can arrange to have the guitar brought back to the factory for an evaluation. Please send an email to the customer service department to make arrangements.

Hopefully Shawn will help you take care of the issue very quickly.

Back