The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

They all get a little something. Tungsten gets a splash of Frost in the scoop, Onyx gets a splash of Tungsten, Horizon gets a splash of Onyx and Frost gets a splash of sparkle in the scoop.

Thank you for clearing this up. Interesting. I have really a hard time to see it on my Horizon. It it so dependent from viewing angle and light.

Thanks for sharing! I'm gladd Dave Burrluck did that one. He knows PRS as well as anyone and always gives thoughtful reviews.

They all get a little something. Tungsten gets a splash of Frost in the scoop, Onyx gets a splash of Tungsten, Horizon gets a splash of Onyx and Frost gets a splash of sparkle in the scoop.

White with a splash of sparkle? You guys are really trying to win Sergio over on this model, eh? ;)

Ok, silly question...has anyone picked up a SS in a Stock PRS gig bag? I was looking at the bags on an email, and noticed something...hopefully the zipper does not go around the bottom of the guitar...one of the many reasons I love the SE BAGS. Aside from the good zipper, heavy duty material, and the fact that the the zipper stops before the rounded bottom. I know this seems silly...but that's always been one of my peeves...anybody know??

Last edited:
Ok, silly question...has anyone picked up a SS in a Stock PRS gig bag? I was looking at the bags on an email, and noticed something...hopefully the zipper does NOT go around the bottom of the guitar...one of the many reasons I love the SE BAGS. Aside from the good zipper, heavy duty material, and the fact that the the zipper stops BEFORE the rounded bottom. I know this seems silly...but that's always been one of my peeves...anybody know??

Shawn shared pics a while back. The zipper clearly goes around the bottom. It looks more like a soft shell case than a gig bag, so I wouldn't worry.

A question to all the Silver Sky owners: When the Silver Sky is plugged in and I touch (mostly accidentally while playing) the screw on the treble side of the middle pickup I get an annoying static noise. Only with this one screw, not on the bass side and not with the screws of the other two pickups. Maybe a grounding issue?

Same with your Silver Sky? Any suggestions how I can get rid of the noise?

I’m having the same issue

Ok, silly question...has anyone picked up a SS in a Stock PRS gig bag? I was looking at the bags on an email, and noticed something...hopefully the zipper does NOT go around the bottom of the guitar...one of the many reasons I love the SE BAGS. Aside from the good zipper, heavy duty material, and the fact that the the zipper stops BEFORE the rounded bottom. I know this seems silly...but that's always been one of my peeves...anybody know??

I’m having the same issue

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-official-silver-sky-thread.29556/page-51#post-385031

Watching Coachella livestream blast from the past Jamiroquai and look what I see:

jamiroquai%2B2.png

Rob Harris couldn't wait to play it, no matter whose name is on it!

Back