The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

At least you keep the heat down by choice. I came home to a broken furnace Sunday night. 90km/hr (55mph) ice cold winds today.

Seriously not fun. We've had that w/power outages in the winter and a broken furnace, and also with a dead A/C unit in the summer w/90+ degree days.

Tell me about it, they're calling for snow here on Saturday. WTabsoluteF?

It's snowing as I look out the window. This is not acceptable. Woke up to 2" of snow on the car Monday - but the driveway was (mostly) clear. Weird.

Alright, no more smart azz stuff. Here are some actual pics of the inside of the gig bag accompanying the Silver Sky. The flap at the top covers the headstock and Velcro's into place to hold the instrument secure within the bag.
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1190.jpg

Tell me about it, they're calling for snow here on Saturday. WTabsoluteF?

Yeah. Maybe 1" to 2" inches here today. Or maybe just ice. Then snow Sunday night until Tuesday morning. Then in the 60s by Thursday. Give me a couple months. I'll be squawking about how hot it is. And while I'm at it...........git off-a my lawn!

Hey everyone,

I’ve been following the discussion and am patiently awaiting my silversky to arrive at my local music shop, here in Canada. I know they ordered it for the store as soon as they became available to dealers. Has anyone in Canada received theirs yet? My dealer was telling me they were having trouble getting them across the border due too one of the woods being used being listed as endangered or something. Thanks for any help if anyone’s heard this? Seems odd
Some info here:
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/problems-importing-into-canada.29644/

Kevin

Hey everyone,

I’ve been following the discussion and am patiently awaiting my silversky to arrive at my local music shop, here in Canada. I know they ordered it for the store as soon as they became available to dealers. Has anyone in Canada received theirs yet? My dealer was telling me they were having trouble getting them across the border due too one of the woods being used being listed as endangered or something. Thanks for any help if anyone’s heard this? Seems odd

Long and McQuade? I'm in the same boat, they don't seem to have a lot of information on when they will arrive. I have been told any day now, up to a month, and up to two months by different employees. I was told I have my name on the first guitar they ordered and I haven't seen mine yet, so assuming they are telling the truth...I would guess Canada hasn't got any yet.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm waiting for one to arrive in Canada as well. My local dealer said he put in his order for 2 right away; still waiting to confirm when they'll land here.

For what it's worth, I know that The Guitar Shop in Mississauga has received at least one (I almost bought it but didn't want to pay shipping...). But they're a signature dealer, so I suspect they got first crack.

Patience is not a virtue that I possess when gear is involved.

That's a nice bag! (TWSS) I'd buy one like that just to use when I play out to take my guitar in that instead of the case.

Shawn, you are a gentleman and a saint for taking the time to answer all of these questions and post all of these pictures. Hopefully my local dealer is one of the ones with a shipment going out tomorrow!

Alright, no more smart azz stuff. Here are some actual pics of the inside of the gig bag accompanying the Silver Sky. The flap at the top covers the headstock and Velcro's into place to hold the instrument secure within the bag.
View attachment 6224 View attachment 6225

Love the flap thing. That's so classy smart and functional. I would say the outer compartment is just "okay" but c'mon, the main compartment, which is the most important, is great!!

Now I really want a gigbag in addition to the hardcase.

Back