The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

The SS and the PS are made on 2 different lines.
Thanks. That’s what I thought. Was wondering if they’ve done staff reallocation to meet demand. Not that they need to disclose such info, but the curiosity exists nonetheless

Played live with it for Easter Sunday service today. Full house. Just awesome. The neck and middle position is the most usable I’ve had on a strat. I always favor the bridge and middle position heavily but I like them both equally on this guitar. That Mercury was really cooking today. I have to run it hotter with the SS than I do my 594s or CU24.

Played live with it for Easter Sunday service today. Full house. Just awesome. The neck and middle position is the most usable I’ve had on a strat. I always favor the bridge and middle position heavily but I like them both equally on this guitar. That Mercury was really cooking today. I have to run it hotter with the SS than I do my 594s or CU24.

Nice and congrats.
Yea that sounds about right - about setting the amp hotter since the SS has Lower output vs wthat you're used to.

Not sure if this has been brought up and overlooked by me throughout this thread. Question, is the volume knob/pot placement slightly further away from the bridge pickup when compared to the placement on a fender strat? Of course the other knobs/pots would be slightly shifted down/away as well. I have a SS on order and can only compare pix with the guitars I currently have. I'm excited and looking forward to this guitar. I've never really liked how the volume knob/pot is that close to the bridge pickup on a fender strat, but have just adapted to it. Always wanted it moved away just a bit.

This reminded me of something that had slipped my mind. When beerbatteredphish and I were passing the guitar back and forth and talking to Clay (the PRS rep), I was kind of noodling on the neck or neck/middle position, and I reached for the tone knob to roll it back a little as a I played. I have what one friend called "Billy Barty hands", so this isn't a pinky roll as I pick move - I have to reach down and make the adjustment. About 45 seconds after I did it, I realized that I hadn't looked at the knobs when I did it, and I didn't fumble around for the knob - it was just where the knob should be. Kind of a whoa moment for me.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, I tried to use the search function but to no avail. Does anyone know if there will be a limit to the number of silver sky produced, or a deadline for the pre-order, I'm currently saving up some money as I currently don't have enough to pre-order one (A deposit is required). It will take me a couple of months and I'm wondering if PRS will stop taking orders by then! Thank you.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, I tried to use the search function but to no avail. Does anyone know if there will be a limit to the number of silver sky produced, or a deadline for the pre-order, I'm currently saving up some money as I currently don't have enough to pre-order one (A deposit is required). It will take me a couple of months and I'm wondering if PRS will stop taking orders by then! Thank you.
Judging by how many of these have been ordered, they'll prob keep making them. PRS usually only stop production if a particular model isn't selling well.

Nope the silver sky won't be "stopped", it's meant to be a production model to be made available for everyone. Not limited at all. Unless demand is really bad.

They might come up w some limited edition version of the SS in future. Who knows?

Judging by how many of these have been ordered, they'll prob keep making them. PRS usually only stop production if a particular model isn't selling well.
Agreed.
It’s a safe bet they will fill all the orders they get.
So Septomarginalband: save up and place your order. And welcome to the forum. We’ll help you pick your next one.

prs-usa-dc3-sunburst-mn-tremolo-birds-10.jpg

Won't be long till PS versions of the silver sky are out and I'm sure someone is gona do it in antique/vintage burst!

Any updates for any new shipments of Silver Skies? I'm still waiting for mine to come in :(

Back